New here and eager to learn and listen

Hi everyone! My name is Heather I’m extremely new to everything magic I guess you would say. I’m not sure how to word things yet because when I say I’m extremely new I’m talking within the last 7 days I finally decided I was going to explore what I’ve always been told I was apart of. For the longest time I’ve alway had dreams about something happening and then when I would wake up at some point in the day whatever it was I had dreamed about would actually happen. I got scared and was afraid of going to sleep but quickly got over that after talking to my grandma about what was going on and she said I have been waiting for someone in our family to come to me with something like this and I knew from the day you were born you were touched by the divine and you are here to do amazing things but you have to learn to use your power for the greater good and not to hurt anyone or anything and then gave me my family history. My grandma died shortly after and I stopped doing my research and learning went down a dark path and came out of that and met a friend who has became my mentor and has helped me get back on this path that I know I need to be on so Now I’m here and eager to learn anything and everything. Im wanting to learn tarot but I don’t know where to even start with that any advice would be awesome thanks and I’m so glad to be here

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum Heather :wave: :tada:

It’s nice to meet you! My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here in the Infinite Roots Coven.

It sounds like you’ve had some pretty scary experiences :astonished: but I’m glad to hear that your grandma was able to dispel any fear you had before she passed away – you have my condolences :heart:

You’re in luck! :clap: Here on Spells8 we actually have an entire video course for learning tarot :blush: It digs into the traditional meanings of the cards but also has tips for learning tarot intuitively. I’d check there first!

6 Likes

Hi,
I am very new to the craft as well within the last 2 weeks but like you I have had many things over the years which have been telling me I am a witch. I am the first person in my direct family although there are distant cousins with gypsy heritage who practise. My family have always used the term psychic as all the women on my Mums side have seen spirits and have “gut feelings” that tend to be true. My Mum although never embraced it has said things in anger to my Dad and made things happen, a well known incident was where she didn’t want my Dad to go out after they had had an argument and made my Dad get a flat tyre, have engine trouble and have to change cars because she said “
I hope you get a flat tyre”
“ I hope you break down” it got to the point where my Dad came into the house and said “
Don’t say a word” so there is definitely a genetic connection there for me, but I am the first to embrace it rather than run from it as everyone in my family seems to.
It’s nice to meet someone as new as me embracing the craft :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Hi @heather76! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m sorry your Grandmother died, it sounds as if she was an amazing source of support for you. I’m glad you found your way there though, we’ll help you sort things out.

@MeganB recommended the Tarot Course and it’s great! I’d also do the Wicca Self-Initiation Course because it will give you some history and the correct terms you’re searching for.

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you.

7 Likes

@heather76 welcome sister. Im Christeena and im 42. U will find so many like minded brothers and sisters here who will welcome and accept all of u with open arms without condescension. If u have questions all u have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. U will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again welcome!!!

And @terri6 im so sorry somehow i missed introducing myself to u. Welcome to our cozy “little” family.

8 Likes

Hello and Welcome Home :infinite_roots: @heather76

I am Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch from Colorado. I’m so glad your path has led you here, welcome to the family, Heather! There are lots of friendly and helpful people here, so if you need help or have questions just ask, we are here for you!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

Welcome, @heather76! I am Amaris (Jessica), and I identify as an eclectic pagan green witch; in other words, I make my own stuff up and pull from everywhere while working with herbs/plants a lot. I am based in Houston, TX.

While I personally don’t have psychic dreams, my mother has numerous times, including about 9/11 two weeks before it happened, but she didn’t know specifics. I do receive messages in my dreams, but I am still new to dream interpretation.

This forum is a great place to ask any question you may have.

Again, welcome!

6 Likes

First of all, Welcome Heather. My name is Tracy, but I prefer to use my Witch name, Medea. I am an Eclectic Witch from Upstate, New York. You have come to Spells 8, which from the sounds of it, it wasn’t by accident. I also knew at a very young age; I was different. Unfortunately, when I was sure I had come from a different place and time, everyone on my mom’s side of the family had passed on. I could never ask my father, for some unknown reason to me, he would snap.
Anyway, without going on and making this a book…lol, you have come to the right place. I was a new, but I do not feel like one now. Everyone here goes above and beyond to help. If you have a question, ask. Someone will help you. Read everything you can. Blessed Be,
Medea

5 Likes

Merry meet @heather76 :blush:

We are blessed to have you here- welcome to the forum!

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother, but it sounds like you had a wonderful connection and that she helped you find your way. It may have taken some time and some challenges, but you refound your path- congrats to you for heeding the call and beginning your formal magickal journey! :sparkles:

I second what Megan suggested- the Tarot Course is a great place to start! I also really enjoy the Tarot Poems that the talented @Amethyst wrote, they can really help you get the core messages of the card to heart.

There’s also the Tarot Tag here in the forum- feel free to take a look and know that you are welcome to jump into any discussions that call to you!

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be :sparkles:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.