New Horoscope- thoughts

So I know discussions around the 13th sun sign Ophiuchus :sunny: have been around for a while, but there’s recently been A LOT of press about the “corrected horoscope”…

What are your thoughts on this? I’ve always felt I fit in quite well with Virgo :virgo: traits but this shift would move me to Leo :leo: After checking Leo’s traits I seem to for fairly well there too. However, being 23rd August I was always on the cusp between the two signs, so wonder if this is why I have a lot of shared qualities…

What are your thoughts? Has your sign changed? Does it suit you better? Are you sticking with the old or going with the new?

2 Likes

You’re definitely in the cusp so it’s normal that you have shared qualities, or even to feel that you’re the wrong sign!

However, regarding the shift in Astrology…

“Your zodiac sign has not changed!” (…) That said, some astrologers actually do include Ophiuchus in their horoscopes — those who practice sidereal or Vedic astrology. -from Refinery29

For some reason, the whole Ophiuchus discussion comes back every year, but it has been refuted by Western astrologers years ago now.

Ophiuchus is a constellation, not a sign.

Signs are named after constellations but they don’t match the constellations as we see them in the sky today. The signs in Western astrology are each 30-degree longitudinal divisions of the ecliptic, and this lines up with the distance the sun will “travel” through them in a month.

This means there are 12 signs and there always will!

In short, the signs have not shifted unless you are one of a small number of astrologers who use the astronomic zodiac and includes Ophiuchus.

Also, when it comes to personality, it’s best to look at the whole picture and include your rising sign, moon sign, and other planets.

4 Likes