New Member!

Hi my name is Donna…im new to ALL of this. Im from adel, iowa. I have ALWAYS believed in the things that i was told as a child was just a figmet of imagination. Magic, spirits, all of it. This is my calling. I want to learn everything there is to know about being part of the wiccan community. I dont have any family n i want to be. Ive read up a lil on this n qhen ur part of the wiccan community u get treated like family n ur there for each other n im not gonna lie…i desperatley want to be part of that. I feel apne alot, misunderstood, look at like im crazy for believing in the thinsgs i believe in n being a part of this i dont believe i will be looked at that way or made to feel like im crazy. Anyway…im excited to stat this journey n would love some guidance on how to start this n kearn EVERY THING i can!

12 Likes

Hi @donna ! Welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Merry Meet Donna!

So glad you found the Spells8 community. We are a family here, everyone is very welcoming.

Here are a few links on Spells8 to help you get started if you haven’t found them already:

Book Recommendations: Beginner Books ; Advanced Books

Wicca Self-Initiation

Spells8 Complete Courses

Bless Be
:butterfly:

6 Likes

Welcome dear one. Im so sorry u feel that way. Im sure we can all empathize. Im not a Wiccan, and Ive been accepted here with open and loving arms by all that ive spoken too. Here u will find Wiccans, Witches, Pagans and more.

6 Likes

Hi Donna welcome… I’m Ms Q from Pennsylvania… This is a great warm welcoming space for you to be…

5 Likes

Hi @donna! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

So glad to have you here! You will definitely find community here! I second going through the Courses, they’ll give you the information you need to get you started. Then you can research what areas of magic interest you. For instance, I love candle magic and chants.

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

5 Likes

Welcome @donna! I agree with going through the courses & feel free to ask any questions or share any information that you may have with us. :dizzy:

You will find what interests you & what you are drawn to when you go through the courses & the forum. We are all very friendly & supportive of each other’s unique paths.

You definitely are not alone. There are many of us that can relate to those feelings & the forum is either family or an extension of the family. I have been here just about 2 years & can’t imagine making it through some of the things I have or learning about topics that I never thought I would come across.

Personally, I lean more towards Celtic :triskele: Paganism & work with the Celtic :triquetra: Pantheon, Brigid :flame: & the Morrigan :raven:, & my interests are wide & varied. I use several divination techniques, crystals, herbs :herb:, a lot of things really. I make my own incense, oils, waters, and simmer pots… is there anything that you are personally interested in yet? We have a book club coming to an end but a new one will be starting soon, but there are a lot of book :books: reviews if there is a subject that you would like to learn about while you’re going through the courses.

6 Likes

Welcome! My, my, you are definitely in the right place! Welcome to the family! I’m Ailey. I live in Georgia. I started this journey in April and I feel like I’ve been here forever! I have learned so much and the people here are pretty much my favorites!

6 Likes

Welcome Home :infinite_roots: @donna
I have always believed in those things too, in my heart I knew it was real!
With Love :heart: always…

5 Likes

Merry meet, Donna!

I’m Kat and currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I found my way home a couple of years ago and shortly thereafter found this amazing group of people!! I am a fairly eclectic Green witch with a deep interest in tarot, runes, and moon magic. My current deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and the Morrigan, a recent guide in my life.

So glad to have you here!

6 Likes

Welcome @donna!! You have come to the right place. I’m from Houston, TX and have experienced some of what you’ve mentioned thanks to being in the bible belt. This community is extremely welcoming, friendly, and loving. I hope you enjoy here as much as I do!

6 Likes

Merry meet @Donna,

Welcome to the forum and welcome home! :blush: You are definitely among fellows here- although we all walk our unique paths, we are together on the journey. From an Eclectic Witch, it’s a pleasure to meet you!

A great way to get more involved with the coven is by joining the many ongoing Activities- from the book club to free readings on Fridays, weekly challenges exploring aspects of magick, group rituals and more- there is always something happening, and you are warmly invited to join any and all events that call to you :infinite_roots:

Mkae yourself at home here! Blessed be :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.