Book Recommendations

What are some of your favorites?

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! I haven’t heard of this book before but it looks very interesting.
And you’re right, with everything that’s going on right now it’s important to take care of yourself :blush:

2 Likes

It really depends on what you’re looking for. There are just SO MANY books out there to choose from…

Beginner Must-Read Books

More Beginner book recommendations here: Best Books for Wiccans :books:

.:。✧゚ ゚・ ✧.。. * * .:。✧゚ ゚・ ✧.。. * . *.:。✧ *゚ ゚・ ✧.。. *.

Advanced Books

• The Meaning of Witchcraft by Gerald Gardner
    Published in 1959, it’s clearly outdated now but it helps a lot to understand where Wicca comes from, and what modern Western witchcraft is and is not.

• Charge of The Goddess by The Doreen Valiente Foundation
    A Collection of poems by Doreen Valiente, the Mother of Modern Wicca. Useful for ideas to incorporate in your craft, prayers, art.

• The Malleus Maleficarum by James Sprenger and Henry Kramer
    First published in 1486, this book describes how to identify witches, try them, and kill them. Interesting if you don’t mind reading tedious little details of the trial process, plus other anti-women archaic ideas.

• The Grimoire of Lady Sheba by Lady Sheba
    First published in 1974, this is a personal magickal workbook copied by hand from the time of her initiation into the Craft.

6 Likes

I would definitely recommend checking out Althaea Sebastiani’s new book Paganism for Beginners! I actually did a review of it on my YouTube channel if you want to check it out.

3 Likes

@TaraMunster I made a post a while back with some of mine. Hope this helps ya!

3 Likes