New Moon on Monday 🌚

Every where I am hearining mention of the New Moon on Monday (which is a Duran Duran song, too!) Now I can’t get the Duran Duran song out of my head so I looked up the lyrics and of course, I have been singing it SO wrong since 1984 (I will spare you my version, it is ridiculous).

Anyway, I like it … it’s about the moon, and fire dances, and flirting.

Shake up the picture the lizard mixture
With your dance on the eventide
You got me coming up with answers
All of which I deny
I said it again
Could I please rephrase it
Maybe I can catch a ride
I couldn’t really put it much plainer
But I’ll wait till you decide
Send me your warning siren
As if I could ever hide
Last time La Luna

I light my torch and wave it for the
New moon on Monday
And a firedance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite

Breaking away with the beast of both worlds
A smile that you can’t disguise
Every minute I keep finding
Clues that you leave behind
Save me from these reminders
As if I’d forget tonight
This time La Luna

I light my torch and wave it for the
New moon on Monday
And a firedance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite.

13 Likes

Hee! I’ve been singing them wrong too! Thanks for sharing!

8 Likes

Ahhhh, Duran Duran. How often did I cry myself to sleep as a pre-teen because of my undying love for John Taylor? Toooooo many. Lol. I somehow talked my dad into buying me the VHS tape they put out, which the guy at the store told my dad was inappropriate for someone my age. Luckily dad had no power against my pouty face. Thanks for the blast from the past @mary25 :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I love this, i am so going to listen to this monday, I am sure i have it on CD.

8 Likes

You’ve sold me, Mary- that’s a recipe for a great song right there! :laughing: :+1: :two_hearts:

Just gonna drop the official music video from the official Duran Duran YouTube Channel here so we can all have the song stuck in our heads together :grinning:

:new_moon: :dancer: :notes:

10 Likes

You just had to do that to me Bry! Oh well, it got the previous song I had out of my head. LOL!

5 Likes

Perfect for today! :new_moon:

5 Likes

@Amethyst Hahaha out with one song, in with the next! :joy: Well, at least it’s a fun one to have stuck in your head- and we’re sharing the inner music! :grin: :notes::heart:

@Marsha It really is! :star2: Mary had a great recommendation for us all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know it’s still Monday night in some places, so happy New Moon on Monday, everyone! :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.