New one here

Hi everyone. My name is Dot and I am 53 yrs young. I have always been intrested in the craft but long story short I have always felt that I didnt belong so I pushed my intrest to the back of the closet because I thought that practicing would make me feel more out of place and honestly things like this werent as out in the open 30 yrs ago as it is today. 3 yrs ago i found myself in a pretty bad place. I was going through a seperation with my husband and decided to try mediation and boy did i fall in love with the way it made me feel. So i went to the back of the closet and opened up my intrests again. I was starting to research some things but didnt really know where to start so i didnt give up, just didnt try hard enough i guess. My son and i were talking on the phone and he told me that he has chosen a Wiccan way of life and he explained to me what it was all about. I then told him i was intrested in that kind of stuff for many yrs and he told me that he felt i was an empath and that i should look more into things. I then found a local shop in a nearby town and went to have a look see. I walked past a bunch of pendulums and they started swinging all over the place and that is when the owner came to me and said man them crystals like your energy. I later found out as we talked that she was also a hereditary witch. She learned everything from her Russian grandmother. She told me about a witchcraft 101 class that she was going to have so i joined the class. I really didnt learn much from it so here i am. I am hoping that through this group i will make some friends and get some great information and suggestions on where to start my journey…Blessed Be.

12 Likes

Welcome to Spells8 & the forum! I am Siofra_Strega, one of the moderators here in the forum :hugs:

I would definitely start with the courses, they are full of information & printable pages if you would like to use them in the future or for reference. I have a folder with numerous subfolders on my computer for them & 5 binders that I am currently going through to kind of remove what I don’t use or practice & have started keeping different things written in a separate journal type of Book of Shadows to pass on… it has things in it that I do myself.

There is a self-initiation at the end of the first set of courses, don’t feel like you have to do it right away but it’s guided so you’ll know what to do step by step.

If you would like to change your username to dot you may be able to do so:

:name_badge: How to Change Your Name and Username on Spells8, if you have any trouble then just ask one of the moderators & we can get it changed for you :smiling_face:

We have a few other Empaths in the coven/forum, some with similar & differing gifts. I am an Empath, but by relearning things so that they don’t just happen, I can understand what I am picking up on from other energies. So I don’t get overwhelmed with what I am feeling.

If you have any questions then please feel free to ask or share anything with use that you may also learn! :infinite_roots:

3 Likes

Welcome to the group :blush: this is a great group of ppl who are really welcoming and helpful so I hope you find a home here, I know I have. It’s so great that you didn’t give up searching and looking for what you were searching for and I’m glad you found us here. I hope you enjoy learning more and being a part of this family here on spells 8 and in the infinite roots coven. Welcome :grin: :sunflower::hibiscus::cherry_blossom::rose::bouquet:

4 Likes

Hi Dot, I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

This is a great place for you to learn! Not only do we have the courses but there are challenges each week that help you learn different facets of magic. This week is on Numerology so if you want you can jump in and join the fun!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to chatting more with you!

3 Likes

Merry Meet and Welcome Home :infinite_roots: @dorothy7

I’m so happy :smiling_face: that your journey led you out of the closet and here to join us. You are very welcome here and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.

With Love :heart: and Magick :dizzy: always,
marsha

3 Likes

Welcome @dorothy7 u will love it here. Everyone is super friendly and knowledgeable. If u have questions dont hesitate to ask, no one here ever makes someone feel stupid asking

4 Likes

You’ve already had some great help here, but I wanted to reply and say how neat it is that your son helped re-ignite your interests! My daughter did the same with me. I pushed my interests to the back of the closet like you did, and I went in a big circle for a few years until she was interested in Wicca and that helped kindle my flame again. I’m glad you’ve been able to follow the breadcrumbs! It’s neat when things start to align on your path.

It’s like a family here! You’ll love it :heart:

4 Likes

Merry meet @dorothy7,

Don’t mind me just jumping on the welcome wagon to say hello- it is a pleasure to meet you, Dot! :blush:

Like others have said, please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any help. We are a very diverse group specializing in a wide range of magickal areas, so ask away and you’ll be sure to get answers and guidance!

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.