New to wicca

Hello everyone
I am new to witchcraft and wicca, had a recent life changing event and that started me on a few new paths.
I am currently learning french, russian, and chinese. So any users out there that want to help me with those feel free to drop me a line.
Nice to meet all of you
Au revoir, 再见,до свидания

15 Likes

Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from England Loki is my patron deity. I’m a chaos witch. Nice to meet you. Bonjour. :green_heart:

9 Likes

Welcome to the coven! My name is Devenne I’m a witch from Indiana :broom: :magic_wand: wow three languages that’s a lot! You must be a pretty smart cookie :nerd_face:

A great place to start and build guidelines for your practice would be the lessons section on the site here. Also I find meditation a must in my practice.

If you need anything feel free to ask. Everyone here is more than willing to help the next witch out. Feel free to jump in

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Very nice to meet you:)
I have been researcher chaos magic, such as the followers of thanateros(not sure on the spelling) interesting stuff. Eros is my deity hence my new name:)
Look forward to talking with you further

8 Likes

Hi, @aerros! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Wow, you’re smart. I struggle sometimes with proper English. LOL! It’s great that you’re learning other languages! To add to that you’re learning about magic, so you’re awesome!

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

9 Likes

Thanks for the welcome:)
I’m from Saskatchewan myself
Already completed intro to wicca, spells 101, and the green witch course. Currently working on the zodiac meditation course.
Meditation has always been a struggle for me, definitely my hardest area of work but I’m enjoying the learning so far

9 Likes

Meditation takes dedication and time. Even when our brains tell we don’t have time. That’s often when I need it most. Guided meditation is the easiest for me. I also got a chair for meditation in front of my altar. When I stopped doing it I noticed how much of a mess I felt. So I dedicate at least 30 min a day if not an hour or so. It’s up to you. :heavy_heart_exclamation: Just a thought

8 Likes

Thank you the welcome:)
We all have areas that we are good at, I struggle with the meditation.
I look forward to getting to know you as well:)

10 Likes

For me it’s not so much finding the time as it is shutting out the intrusive thoughts and just focusing on the meditation but I’ll keep at it:)

9 Likes

There is a Meditation Course on site that might help you. Also, Great Meditations on YouTube is wonderful for people learning how to meditate. Good luck!

10 Likes

That’s the thing you don’t have to shut out those thoughts necessarily. I’ve found a lot of people benefit from letting their brain run first when they sit to meditate. You can close your eyes or don’t close your eyes and stare into a candle?Let it run for the first ten min or whatever. Then start the guided meditation and focus on following the meditation. If you become involved in the guide the meditation is about it’s a lot easier imo

Just a suggestion

8 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and am currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I came home a couple of years ago and found this amazing group of people!! I am an eclectic Green witch with an interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning) and Hekate, a recent guide in my life.

Goodness, learning 3 languages! That’s impressive! I speak decent Spanish, a little Italian and terrible Portuguese.

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

8 Likes

Wow 20 years thats impressive.
Thank you for the welcome, I’ve been enjoying the lessons and learning new things
Looking forward to meeting new people

9 Likes

Yes I was thinking using a candle or fire to help draw my focus might work
So that does help thank you:)

9 Likes

Welcome! :hugs: So glad you’ve joined us :heart::blush: This is a great place for discovery and growth :pray::heart::sparkles: Everyone is so supportive and will offer guidance :pray: :blush: Make yourself at home :house_with_garden: I look forward to getting to know you and learning alongside you :heart: :blush: :people_hugging:

8 Likes

Welcome to our big family I’m been using witchcraft over 30 years I can offer what I know as well

8 Likes

Hi welcome!! I’m new too. Looking forward to learning so much from these ladies

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum @aerros :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I look forward to seeing you around - maybe you’ll run into a few of our other linguistically gifted members!

8 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @aerros

It’s so nice to meet you, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. Learning 3 languages… I’m impressed! There is a lot of great information here, so if you need any guidance, or have any questions, let us know. Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

Hello @aerros,

Welcome! I’m Bry, another of the moderators here in the forum- just popping in to say that it’s a pleasure to meet you :blush:

That’s amazing! You’ve got several language families in there- I applaud you for your studies. I personally struggled with the Romance languages, but I really enjoyed Japanese (although the kanji/Chinese characters are difficult!) and I speak basic Polish. The Slavic languages are really tough for a native English speaker- so many cases and conjugations!

Wishing you all the best with both your language and magickal studies- may they bring you much joy and many blessings! :books: :sparkles:

Make yourself at home here, Aerros- blessed be!

8 Likes