Newbie and excited about my craft

Hello! I am new to practicing and LOVE this forum so far! What are your suggestions for a new practitioner?

13 Likes

Welcome! It’s like a family here, that’s for sure.

Have you checked out the website? There are a lot of lessons that are great for beginners to help you get started. Whatever you do, be sure to take things slowly and don’t burn yourself out! Take a break and breathe if you get confused or overwhelmed. And we’re here to help as you need it! :heart:

6 Likes

Hi @kara13! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

@Melora_Fae is right, the Courses are a great place to start! And don’t go out buying every bit and bobble that you find out there, go through the courses and see what you really need. Spend that money on books that will help you learn!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

6 Likes

Merry Meet :infinite_roots: @kara13

Hello Kara, I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. It’s nice to meet you and I’m so glad you have joined us. I recommend starting with the courses as @Melora_Fae and @Amethyst mentioned above.

There are lots of activities that you join. @BryWisteria, one of the moderators, does a Merry Meet Monday Magick News of the Week Newsletter each week. There will be a new one on Monday, Jan 23, so watch for that one!

Here is a link to the current one: Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! (Jan 16 - 22)

Just a few of the things on Spells 8 that I really enjoy:

There are so many amazing things here, I can’t list them all, but I’m sure you will find many things that you like too! If you have any questions, just ask we are here for you! Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always
The Other Marsha

6 Likes

Welcome @kara13!

I’m also somewhat new to practicing and have found so much information packed into these forums! Nearly every question I’ve had was answered with a quick search and anything else was kindly answered by the others in the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I second this! I was so excited to find something that spoke to me so strongly that I got overwhelmed very quickly. Now I’m just trying new things to see where my passion lies and following rabbit holes.

I look forward to getting to know you more. Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Welcome @kara13! I’m Siofra_Strega, one of the moderators here in the forum… I’m from Cape Cod, MA which I absolutely love being on the coasts & having the ocean so accessible to me :hugs:

I 2nd? 3rd… @Melora_Fae take it slow… if you do get confused though or have any questions feel free to ask! Someone will be along to help you out & get you pointed in the right direction… we are all very friendly & supportive of each other’s path.

I remember when I started… I used to go through the Daily Devotional & then virtually draw a card at the bottom. It was a good practice to see what fits with how you do things & has a lot of information for each day. We also have the Daily/Nightly Moon Spell that you can try if you would like too.

The courses overall are great to go through. There is a wide range of topics, printables, and great information to get you started & see what your interests may be at first. As you find things that interest you, take them one at a time… almost prioritizing which one you would like to practice or learn more about first.

We also have :technologist: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Technology & Modern Magick… these are great for trying new things, seeing how others approach the topics & work them into their practice. Then you can decide if it is something that works for you or not in your practice! Plus, you get a shiny new badge for participating! :star_struck:

I look forward to speaking with you more throughout the forum! :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Merry meet @kara13,

I’m Bry, another one of the moderators in the forum- wishing you a very warm welcome! :heart:

I can see you’ve got some wonderful suggestions from others! If I can chime in with one more resource, I think the Spellcasting 101 Guide has some great starter tips to help you get casting if you’re new and unsure.

Dropping a link here in case you haven’t come across it yet!

Thank you, @Marsha! :heart::blush: And yes, this week’s MMM is now live in the forum! Here is the link in case anyone is interested:

Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Jan 23 - Jan 29 :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Much love and blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

@kara13 Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 42, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 42 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs, I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again, welcome!!!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.