Newbie from Texas

Hi everyone. I’m new here. Still getting used to things. I still haven’t cast my first circle or spell because I’m afraid I’ll do things wrong. I’m still watching videos to introduce myself, so please be patient with me. Thank you for welcoming me. My name is Karen and I am from Wichita Falls, Texas.

9 Likes

Hi @karen4! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

You’ll be happy to know that if you don’t cast a circle right, you won’t turn into a frog! LOL! We’ve all been there, there for a while I didn’t cast a circle at all and now I try to do one every day just for practice. It’s all good! You don’t have to be perfect to practice. That’s why it’s called a practice, you never stop learning!

If you’re having any problems or have any questions speak up and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

8 Likes

Welcome to Spells8 Karen! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My name is Megan and I’m a moderator here on the forum – it’s nice to meet you!

Don’t worry about casting a circle or being afraid you’re doing it wrong. There is no “right way” in witchcraft (unless you’re following a specific tradition with specific rules) and being respectful of other people and their culture.

One thing you’ll learn quickly is that we’ve got all the patience in the world! :heart: Newcomers, old-timers, and everyone in between are welcome here on Spells8 – you’ll fit right in, I’m sure.

It’s nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you better!

4 Likes

Merry meet @karen4,

Wishing you a warm welcome! I’m Bry, another moderator in the forum and an Eclectic Witch with a love for travel- it is a pleasure to meet you :blush:

Amethyst and MeganB gave some wonderful advice and I completely agree- it’s natural to be unsure and nervous at first. With time you will gain confidence- know that you are always free to explore while you are learning! :books:

If you ever need help or a second opinion, the wisdom and support of the coven is right here at your fingertips- you are always welcome to give a shout if you want to run something by more experienced witches of various traditions. All you have to do is make a post in the #questions category- your coven is here and always happy to help! :heart::handshake:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

@karen4 dont ever worry about when its ok to cast. Some witches wait yrs before they cast anything. The key is to remmeber to be patient, and do your research. TAKE YOUR TIME!!! This isnt a race, do things in their own time, at your pace, and when u are ready. Many blessings to u.

5 Likes

Hello :hugs: and Welcome home :infinite_roots: @karen4

It’s nice to meet you, Karen, I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch, from Colorado.

I’m an Energy Healer, and I Ground and Center, Clear my Energy, Connect to Healing Light, and call in my Healing Angels! This process feels very much like casting a circle to me. I have a powerful pink-quartz wand that I use when I cast a circle.

I have even used my finger to cast a circle! And this has worked for me! I think the most important part is my intention! So, I suggest that you relax, meditate, set your intention, and begin.

There are lots of friendly and helpful people here so if you have any questions, just ask! We are here for you, Karen, welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.