Newbie.....keen but now a bit anxious 😖

Hi there,I live in Morocco and have been trying to follow my path for the past couple of years, but as one might imagine, where I live is not the easiest place to find like-minded people…
Not having Amazon deliveries and limited internet access, it’s a challenge, it I’m determined…

So…I’m super excited to get on with this, but having researched on-line re spell casting etc, ive been a bit freaked out by a couple of posts on other sites saying that nobody should do spells unless a master spell caster etc, and if you do, you are asking for trouble…:unamused:…just interested in others’ interpretations or views on this.

Thanks one and all :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Hi Dawn! Welcome to the forum!::tada: Very good question! It’s great that you asked!

As you mentioned, there are many possible interpretations. For example if you happen to visit Christian-related websites they will almost 100% of the time tell you that anything that’s not approved by them is “asking for trouble”.

The Pagan community is much more open-minded and most people will encourage you to experiment and find what works for you.

It’s natural to be afraid in the beginning. That means you need to learn more. The more you learn, the less you fear. If you haven’t already, I recommend you follow the videos and lessons in the Online Courses Page

If you want to start casting spells right away, read 8 Safety Rules Every Witch Should Know so that you won’t have any fear. Blessings! :pray:

4 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and allay my fears :grinning:, however the certain website I’m talking about warns against drinking alcohol or taking any sort of drugs for at least a week prior to spell casting, and to fast for at least a day beforehand, otherwise bad things might happen…is it scaremongering (for what reason though I cannot fathom) ?

1 Like

It’s fear-mongering for sure. I actually have had wine during rituals before - I used it as symbolic token. All I can say, from personal experience, is do what feels right inside your own heart, head and soul. If something doesn’t feel right to YOU, don’t do it just because someone said “this is how”.

When I cast spells, my intentions are always good and clear…so I have no fear in what I am doing, even if it isn’t “by the book”.

Blessed be.

4 Likes

I’ve only heard of doing this for ceremonies involving the use of specific brews such as yagé. Feel free to link to the website so we can have a bit more context.

As @SilverBear said, each practitioner is different, and every teacher is different. So you should take everything you read with a pinch of salt, compare it with other sources and always keep reading to see what works best for you.

4 Likes

Good day Dawn,
My daughter just started practicing and she was a little anxious as well.
I got her to start on creating oils, with herbs that are available in almost every kitchen. It helps practice setting your intention and focus energy. I also get her to meditate at least a few minutes each day just to help clear the mind. There is no need for crazy deprivation - a clear mind and your intention is all that is required to help build your confidence

5 Likes

https://spellshelp.com/articles/white_magic/how-to-prepare-for-casting-spells-magic-on-your-own/

This is the website I was reading that freaked me out somewhat…:flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. I have this evening cast my very first full moon spell…it was invigorating at the time, but am totally knackered now haha

2 Likes

I wouldn’t trust that website. Unfortunately there are too many scammers out there. This spellcaster offers “death spells” for hundreds of dollars. I googled reviews and they’re mostly negative.

Magick is the science and art of causing change to happen in accordance with Will. Manifesting YOUR Will is something that only YOU can do.

It helps to have somebody working together with you :raised_hands: but if you don’t put in the work, the spell won’t work. Paying is not enough.

Magick is about changing your attitude, your mindset, putting the energy towards your goals with faith and dedication. And you should never be afraid to cast a spell if your intentions are pure and honest.

6 Likes

Agree with ALL this.

7 Likes

PHEW!

That’s exactly what I was hoping would be the opinion.the website itself had a chilling vibe to it anyway but wanted to be on the safe side, thanks so much :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

3 Likes

Welcome Dawn and Merry Meet! I agree with all above. This is your path. Only You can decide what feels right and true to you. Witchcraft/Wicca is a path of communion with all that is. You will find what works for you. Spells are prayers, they come straight from your heart by intention and want or need. The difference is that we think about it, write it down, light candles, use stones, etc. to reinforce our intent thus sending the power and intention out into the universe with more force. As far as people casting spells for you…and charging for it…they cannot feel what you feel,so it’s moot point…they are usually scams. And if they say they will do any kind of spells that harms someone…run. I would advise you to watch all the videos on this site, and read everything you can. Also there are many wonderful pdf books online for free. Blessed Be…we are here for you.

3 Likes

Welcome, Dawn! I agree with what everyone is saying as well! Alot of other spellcasters try to scam me everyday on Instagram but I ignore and block. But yes, you do what you feel in your heart is right. Your intention is key, it’s the main thing that matters! But hope your path becomes less frightening bc it’s fun, informative and beautiful! Love and light, Christina

1 Like

Hi Dawn, I just wanted to throw my tuppence-worth in, like you, I’ve not been practising terribly long so I am not drawing on any great reserve of experience, but I certainly wouldn’t agree with the comments on that website that you’ve referenced.

I’m moving along in this at a slow pace, I’m enjoying finding out about Wicca and paganism and during this forced quarantine, I’ve just been meditating and getting to know more about the Gods and the craft generally. I’ve tried a handful of small spells, I’m not in any rush (I feel there is so much more to this than just spellcasting), but what I wanted to say to you was simply that in nothing that I have done to date have I sensed anything other than the most overwhelming sense of love and peace. It’s been a beautiful experience so far and my advice - for what it’s worth -is, don’t let people like this frighten you and steal the joy of this away from you. This is your personal path and while magic is a topic that we shouldn’t take lightly, those with a clear conscience and good intentions have nothing to fear.

I hope that helps and I wish you all the best for your studies, Dawn.

Be Blessed
Russell

2 Likes

This is a great website by the way :smile:

2 Likes