Non-Traditional ingredients in Witchcraft

The amazing thing about witchcraft is that it is incredibly versatile and individual to the practitioner. But when it comes to ingredients you usually see the same few things,herbs, crystals, candles etc are some of the most commonly used ingredients in witchcraft.But what about random things you have laying around? May I present to you wonderful people,a list of random things for witchcraft!What you use them for is up to you!

Lightbulbs
Christmas ornaments
Legos
Action figures
Snail shells
Old nails
A hammer
A packet of gum
Dust
A book mark
Oragami
A paint brush
Fairy lights
A padlock
A thimble
Jewellery boxes
Glow sticks
Headphones
A ticket
A bus pass
Receipts
Graffiti
Junk mail
Menus
Happy meal toys
Straws
Cutlery
A coffee cup
Anymore ideas?

11 Likes

I’ve saved little trinkets since I was younger. I always kept them in a box I got when I went on vacation to South Carolina. Now, I use them for divination after I do a tarot reading or some other form of divination. I do have a thimble in my box too, I just kept it with my sewing bag. That was my grandmother’s.

Here’s the box with some trinkets:

13 Likes

In her book Utterly Wicked, Dorothy Morrison suggests using a Barbie doll or action figures instead of crafting a poppet from scratch. Use markers and things to dress it up to look like your intended target! LOL! I got a giggle over that.

8 Likes

Anything can be used for witchcraft! My coke can? Sure. My pencils? Sure! My flute! Yup! My yarn, absolutely!

10 Likes

I did a cord cutting with an axe. Talk about satisfying!

10 Likes

That’s intense lol I imagine it worked really well!

7 Likes

Whoa. That had to be wicked!

7 Likes

I like the axe idea!!

After I learned how to make fire starters with dryer lint, I realized that it can be used for help with any spells where you want to burn something fast. Use it with caution! :fire:

7 Likes

:grin: sometimes it’s good to bring some masculine energy to the craft

6 Likes

Hear, hear! :partying_face:

Oh, @Jem1, I love this list you’ve put together as well as the creative push- this is great encouragement for thinking out of the box and using what we have for some fun magick! :sparkles:

I agree that just about anything can be used in magick so long as it holds some meaning or representation to the caster :+1:

Adding to the list- shedded cat or dog fur is great for a little animalistic or natural addition to spellwork, especially when looking for loyalty (dog fur :dog: ) or clever thinking (cat fur :cat: ). And I’m sure anyone with pets will agree that we have more than enough of stray fur laying about- put it to use in spellwork! :joy:

6 Likes