Okay this is a kinda odd question

So im constantly thinking i was born in the wrong time era. Mostly because i cant seem to be comfortable in normal people clothes. Im only comfortable in long or midieval/renecconce/viking etc dresses. Is that odd i mean im not ashamed of it and if anyone on the street ever comments rudely I basically tell them to back off in alot harsher words. Im completely comfortable with myself. And if people have problems with that they can keep it to themselves i dont wanna here it. And this is nothing new ive been wearing these types of dresses since middle school. I mean i do have modern clothes i just cant seem to be comfortable in them.

12 Likes

@Nikita-mikaelson, it could be a past life that you’re remembering and that’s why you feel more comfortable in that attire.

10 Likes

Possible. I mean its not impossible as i do believe in recantation.

9 Likes

It definitely could be a past life, something making you more comfortable in those clothes. It could also be because those clothes tend to be less restrictive, in my experience, thus making them more comfortable? Or it could just be personal preference :sweat_smile: Either way, I’m sure you look fantastic in the clothes you decide to rock!

9 Likes

Yea could definitely have something to do with not being constructive.

8 Likes

Not sure about other people but i dont really like constricted clothes i mean yea i ware corsets but not tight there more a fashion statement then actually being used as a corset i mean i like to breath thank you. But if i add a corset to a peasant dress it just completes a nice look.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Really? Have you read the forum?

There are no odd questions here, lol!!! This is home. This is where odd is normal and isn’t judged. Ask away!!

8 Likes

There are no odd questions. i would say its a past life and your remembering the clothing you used to wear and thats why you like that clothing more because you are still connected to it in some way.

7 Likes

I love dressing up in that era of clothing too! In October and November we have the Texas Renaissance Festival. It is so much fun and I always dress up. Hubby never dresses up so we are a pretty odd couple, but as long as I get to go I don’t care!

6 Likes

I’ve always wanted to dress up for a Ren Faire but I never have the clothes :joy: Come to think of it, maybe I should just make them? But I only crochet and our Ren Faire happens in the Spring/Summer season…crocheted dresses and coats in Summer in Florida is not the best idea :rofl:

6 Likes

I collect a few things every year. I don’t wear the belly dancing outfit anymore. Once I turned 50 the belly got bigger. Lol!

6 Likes

I dont think i could even pull off a belly dancing outfit. Between my big ass breasts and my belly i got from stupid meds just wouldn’t work i mean i cant even ware crop tops anymore. But my body is in the final stages of filling out so.

6 Likes

I have always been tall and skinny. I wish I would have been blessed like you. Once I turned 50 my whole body shape changed. The gods have a sense of humor. Lol!

5 Likes

Its been a blessing and a curse though out highschool i dint think there was a single day I didn’t steal one of moms sweaters or coats to hide my natural blessing from perverted teenage boys. I lost count of how many tried to add the creepy goth girl to there list if one night stands. Bit mom is a plus size woman her jackets though being like 6 x too big for me always did the trick to hide.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.