On The Rebound

Aww, you’re making me blush! You’re a very special person on your own, we’ve just given you a chance to shine like the star you are!

6 Likes

@Amethyst awwwwwww thank u. And yes yall have. And i cant thank u enough for welcoming me, and making me feel at home for the first time since I started my journey a few yrs ago. Im so blessed to call u my friend

6 Likes

Merry meet! I am very solitary, but I have also been drawn to my local UU church. I actually discovered it during lockdown because they had call in service. Is it possible to reconnect to your former UU church through technology - do they perhaps have telemeetings?
As for having a rocky childhood, you are definitely not alone in having that experience or in struggling with self discovery as an adult. Witchcraft has helped, but honestly my biggest help there was a good therapist. Finding an understanding community is also quite helpful.

6 Likes

@charlotte2. Merry Meet! After I moved to Tennessee, I went to see a concert at The Bluebird Cafe. When you go to The Bluebird, the artists tell life stories as well as singing the songs they wrote. That night, a musician named Mike Reid, was performing. He told a story about how when he turned 50 his whole life turned upside down and bad things kept happening to him and he didn’t think his life would ever be right side up again. Then when he turned 60, everything started going right again. I feel like I am on the same trajectory course. I was 50 when I had to file for divorce from a 23 year marriage because my ex decided that he needed to sexually harass and bully our 15 year old daughter. As soon as we left, my ex started to literally stalk us, he even followed us to the UU church. It was just creepy. I love the people there and I really felt like I belonged there until he started showing up.

I have been to therapy several times throughout my life; the latest was after I finished two rounds of radiation therapy and one round of chemo therapy for oral cancer. It really helps to talk about it, and I realize that for the most part people are always doing there best under their given circumstances, I just need to learn to let go better. :wink:

Anyway, in a year and a half I will be 60 yrs. old and it is my hope that my life starts turning around for the better.

Thanks for listening,
Sara32

7 Likes

I hope that you are right about it being just a rough decade. I am so sorry to hear about your ex - that must have been (and continue to be) so hard for both you and your daughter. It is very unfortunate that your UU church wasn’t able to be a safe haven for you. As for letting go - I am having a similar issue and turned to be tarot deck today. I pulled the Final Judgement, reversed. My deck was essentially saying “um helloooo, let it go!” haha

6 Likes

Let’s just say we’re both blessed, otherwise, we’ll take over this thread by saying NO YOU ARE! LOL!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.