On The Rebound

Hello,
When I was a young child, I ‘knew’ things that other people didn’t seem to know. I would often share this information and when people realized that I seemed to ‘know’ more than them, they would very emphatically tell me to be quiet because no one likes a know it all. It always confused me; I couldn’t understand why people didn’t know what I knew. Anyway, as a result of repeatedly being told ‘be quiet because no one likes a know it all’ I became a very reserved person. I never felt like I belonged anywhere because as soon as I told anyone about things I knew, they would either turn away from me or accuse me of being mischievous.

About 30 years ago, I decided to reach out to a Unitarian Universalist church to see if I could find a place to belong. I found a couple of sub-groups within the UU church where I actually fit in, one of them being the Pagan/Wiccan group.

Many years later, I had to leave my home and found myself 800 miles south in the state of Tennessee. I have tried a couple of different UU churches, but none of them feel like a good fit for me.

I’ve been a solitary witch for about 10 years now, dabbling on my own, but I am ready to learn and do more in this realm. I really enjoy cooking, so I’m interested in herbs for cooking and for medicinal purposes. I am also interested in performing magick to make myself a better person, so learning spells, meditating and working with affirmations is another area that I want to explore.

Thanks for listening.

14 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @sara32

It’s nice to meet you, Sara, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I recommend starting with the Courses! There are lots of friendly and helpful people here so if you have any questions, just ask! Q&A We are here for you, Sara, welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always,
The Other Marsha

7 Likes

Thank you Marsha. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hi @sara32! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Keep an eye out for a member named @Mistress_Of_Herbs, she’s all up in medicinal teas and things like that. She’s amazing!

I’m glad you’ve found us! If you need any help with anything, just ask and someone will be around to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

7 Likes

@Amethyst awwwww thanks love. U are amazing as always.

@sara32 Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 42, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs, I commune with spirits, and my guides. Im currently trying my hand at tarot and oracle cards. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. As Amythest said, i woek with many many herbs. I have devoted my life and practice to learning about each herb in my collection both magikally and medicinally. I have added many teas and such here in the forum. And if there is a certain herb or ailment u have questions about im happy to help. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again, welcome!!!

8 Likes

Welcome to the site & forum! I’m Siofra_Strega a moderator here in the forum. As @marsha suggested the courses are a great place to start. There are many topics to get you started & you can either continue lesrning about or decide if it fits into your practice. Once you’ve gone through them, you can search the forum for further information & ask any questions that you may have.

Everyone here is friendly & helpful, someone is going to ve along to help you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We love to learn new things & you will find that we have quite a few members with similar gifts or clairs.

Growing up I had similar feelings of not fitting in anywhere. Im a highly sesitive Empath & currently learning how to trust my intuition & adjust to my gifts in a better way.

@Mistress_Of_Herbs is really a gift to the coven with her recipes & knowledge. I have worked with her to come up with roller oils for my daughter & hwr friends along with my daughter’s best friend’s mother. They have each come out beautifully & I add my own touches to them to create a personal connection to each one for them.

She has a running post Recipes by the Mistress of Herbs… whenever she poats a new recipe, it will get added to her master post :hugs:

Do you have any other specific interests? We may have some information or a course on them. Or even someone that knows a bit & will be able to help you out.

Please feel free to ask any questions, share information with us, or jump in on any open topic . I look forward to getting to know you. ;?:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

@Susurrus twinsie u are too sweet. ALWAYS add yourself to anything u do. What i share is what has worked in the past for a specific person. By all means tweak away, these are just base lines to get started. Add to it, take away and replace, or leave it out all together.

Example: my allergy tea, while it works great as is for most ppl, i made it once for a lady but she couldnt have st johns wort. So i left it out completely. Another time i made a severe pain relieving oil for my aunt and grandmother. My aunt’s was as i wrote it, but my grandmother is allergic to all things juniper. So i had to find a substitute for her that would work exactly the same, for that ailment.

Its alot of trial and error. But its also why i ask alot of questions when i make anything. Bc u never know.

Im soooooooo happy that your oils turned out so well. Thats wonderful

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @sara32 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m a moderator here on Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s nice to meet you!

It’s really terrible when we aren’t supported as children – I relate fully to what you’ve said! Though I didn’t have the same experience as you, I definitely could have done with more support in my younger years. Please know that you’ve got support here with us now :heart: We’ve got you!

I’ve only been to a UU church a few times and have never really felt at home. There is a Pagan sub-group here in my area but I’ve got no one to go with and I don’t like to venture out on my own to places like that. One day maybe, just not right now.

I’m sure you’ll find wonderful information here within the forum and on Spells8! Please feel free to hop into #witchy-wisdom or #questions – or honestly anywhere in the forum. Make yourself at home!

I look forward to seeing you around :blush:

6 Likes

Merry meet @sara32,

Don’t mind if I jump on the welcome wagon as well- I’m Bry, another moderator here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. It is a pleasure to meet you! :blush:

I know it can be really tough to have to move away from a beloved community, even if the move was in our best interests. Hopefully you can still stay in touch with your pagan friends from before! Additionally, you’ve got a brand new coven here that is always happy to chat- please make yourself at home, Sara, you are very welcome here! :infinite_roots: :sparkles:

Like others have said, if you have any questions or would like some recommendations about any magickal topics, feel free to reach out!

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

No, you’re amazing! All your knowledge about herbs, it’s awesome!

7 Likes

Welcome …

I understand not feeling like you fit in. I just Joined spells 8 myself. I actually am starting to feel not so lonely . Lots of great information here . :heart:

7 Likes

@Amethyst - Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be sure to ask you a lot of my questions as I am better with people being blunt and getting right to the point, rather than skirting answers. :smile:
I am still trying to figure out who I am. After having a rocky childhood and trying to discover who I really am during adulthood, I am still a little lost, so I envy you and your success.
Thanks again,
Sara32

8 Likes

@Susurrus - Thank you for reaching out and welcoming me. I am looking forward to completing courses and learning more.
Thanks again,
Sara32

8 Likes

You’re welcome! Ask away! I won’t always know the answer but I’ll try!

Everyone has a different path, and this road may lead you to yours. I hope we can help you here!

6 Likes

@Amethyst i truly believe all of yall make me as i am. Yall have helped me so much come out of my shell. Ive never shared this many recipes so openly. As u know ive been burned. But here yall are all such amazing people i cant help but share one of my gifts with yal, especially if it helps even one person.

Kas u were the very first person here to welcome me. And i consider u one of my dearest friends. I would do just about anything for u, well u cant have my kids. Lmao, other than that i got u.

@Ostara and @Amaris_Bane and @marsha yall were shortly after Kas. I cant thank yall enough for accepting me just as i am. Then i met our mods. And just wow!!!

Lots of Love to all of u!!!

7 Likes

@sara32 oh hon we have all been exactly where u are right now. We are all here to help, and want to see u grow. If u have questions just ask, just like @Amethyst said if u ask we may not know the answer, but we will try to get u the answer.

7 Likes

Hun if I were in the same country right now I am sure u would send me packing back because I talk to much :joy: I too am a reserved person thanks to people telling me to be quite and keep things to myself and I get where u r coming from. it is hard take it from me I find it hard fitting it most of my life for that matter and it didn’t change when I reverted from a Christian to a Muslim and now in addition a witch. I honestly feel if I have a soul mate out there (and I consider this a best friend not a partner), they are just there waiting to meet me but it isn’t the right time yet.
If u ever pop in down here in Australia my door is always open because honestly people who told u to keep it to ur self don’t know what they are talking about and from what I read here I just can’t wait to learn more about u as u sound like a fantastic unique individual​:blush: :heart:

7 Likes

Hi @sara32! I’m late to the party but am jumping on the welcome wagon. My name is Amaris and I’m an eclectic pagan who practices green magick.

My journey started when I was a tween. My mother found Wicca and nature-based beliefs at that time. She would tell us about what she was learning. As much as it peeked my interest, I was not getting along with my mom and felt I couldn’t be like her. Fast forward 30 years and I came full circle.

I started my practice as a Wiccan but have since added many other beliefs to make my own system. I perform kitchen magick on the regular, have started working with herbs medically (shout out to @Mistress_Of_Herbs for helping me learn!), and am broadening my knowledge.

As others have said, don’t be hesitant to ask questions - we’ve all been there at some point and can offer our perspective and help guide you to your answer.

Again, welcome and merry meet!

7 Likes

Welcome @sara32! I started my journey a little over a year ago. I have learned so much in the last year that I don’t consider myself a baby witch anymore. We are one big happy family here.

7 Likes

@Amaris_Bane awwwwwwww love ya babe. Im ALWAYS here for u whenever u need me

5 Likes