Our Great Mother dons Her white cloak

It’s been years since we had a decent snow here in Maryland, but last night we got a nice covering. It’s always nice to see everything pristine and white covering all the filth and trash we hoomans leave about.

The flamingos don’t like it much though :rofl:

May you all be safe and enjoy whatever weather you are having.

:goat:

18 Likes

Those pictures are gorgeous. Keep warm. :green_heart:

13 Likes

Thanks, the wood stove is cooking. :fire: :people_hugging:

13 Likes

We’re getting more snow here today, too :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow: It’s always so pretty and peaceful, especially at night when everything gets nice and quiet… ahh, it’s just perfect

14 Likes

Poor flamingos! Out there in the cold! LOL!

11 Likes

I love seeing the flamingos in the snow!!! :flamingo: :snowflake:

11 Likes

Look at that winter wonderland! :snowman_with_snow:

I know the flamingos aren’t fans of the cold, but they do add a lovely bit of bright color and cheer to the scenery :flamingo: (Hang in there flamingos! It’ll be spring again before we know it :wink: :seedling: )

Same to you, Shadeweaver! Stay warm and cozy! :fire: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Oh, such beautiful snow! :black_heart:

I’m enjoying the cloudy and rainy days here. It’s nice having the sky blanketed in grey during the daylight hours. I mean, I do like a good sunset every now and then. But during the rest of the sunlit hours, I prefer nothing but cloud. :heart_eyes:

If only those were easy to follow with a clear starlit sky during the night. That would be perfect. :blush:

8 Likes

We had to shovel again this morning :snowflake: Winter storm Heather gave us another six inches of snow last night :joy:

8 Likes

We got about two to three inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday morning.

I learned that last winter the most snow we’d gotten on the ground was 1.5 inches.

I was perfectly okay with that. :laughing:

9 Likes

It being an El Nino year has kinda messed with everyone’s weather, I think - that and climate change :cold_face:

8 Likes

This winter has definitely been wacky with this year’s El Niño. The temperatures have been going up and down like a roller coaster.

It has been a mild December with high’s in the 50’s and 60’s. Christmas Day was 65. We’ve been in the midst of a polar vortex that is heading on out this weekend.

A week from today we’re supposed to have high’s in the 50’s! That is going to feel like summer! :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Oh, man. I know, right. It’s making our already fiery land burn up worse and worse. :face_exhaling:

You’d think they’d stop building homes in danger areas, too. But they don’t. And those areas are probably shrinking.

We’re creating more desert-like areas with the vast fields of houses we’re building out west, too. Sydney is starting to look a bit like LA, but with more high-rises around train stations.

Turns the land into basically open fields though, losing the trees which hold the soil together and disrupt the burning sun treating the land like a frying pan. Those places can see summer days of 50°C/122°F.

It’s more and more common to see people going to malls to cool down because the at-home alternatives are becoming too expensive. Solar panels help offset the cost, but they also contribute to the effect.

There’s a stereotype that Aussies are passionate about climate change. I guess I’ve become one. :laughing: Why did I write so much?? I’m going to get some sleep.

Stay safe all, whether you’re facing the cold or the heat, wherever you are. :black_heart:

8 Likes

When it snowed at night my mom and I would go for a walk. The snow was so pretty and sparkly.

We got 6 inches Monday into Tuesday.

The cold really bothers my body having ALS. It’s painful and my hands don’t wanna work.

8 Likes

I use hand warmers, tucked into gloves. May help you.

9 Likes

It affects me in the house too. Unfortunately it’s not always practical to wear gloves inside

9 Likes

brrr! not much snow here but it’s chilly :snowflake:

10 Likes

So pretty :green_heart:

9 Likes

I sometimes wear some fingerless compression gloves that offer some relief and a little warmth. :heart_on_fire:

9 Likes

It’s beautiful! :sun_with_face: :snowflake:

7 Likes