⅓ cup maple syrup
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:

Step 1

Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange half the bread cubes in the dish, and top with cream cheese cubes. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread cubes.

Step 2

In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and syrup. Pour over the bread cubes. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.

Step 3

Remove the bread cube mixture from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Step 4

Cover, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking for 25 to 30 minutes, until the center is firm and the surface is lightly browned.

Step 5

In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, cook 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in the remaining 1 cup blueberries. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, until the blueberries burst. Stir in the butter, and pour over the baked French toast.

Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.

5 Likes

We eat French Toast once a week around here- it’s so good, and amazing when paired with different fruits! :yum: I’ll have to try this overnight blueberry recipe sometimes- thanks so much for sharing, @Amethyst! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I thought this would be a good brunch thing when you’ve got people over, you know? Glad you like!

2 Likes

Ooh, my favorite breakfast food!! Mmm! I should definitely make this for the kiddos (and I, of course)! Thank you for the recipe :blush:

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

2 Likes