Pets and the Cold

Hello all! I had so much fun going through the October pet thread that I decided to start one for our pets enjoying (or in my case hating) the cold weather here in the northern hemisphere. Our southern friends, feel free to share pictures of your furry/feathered/scaled friends enjoying y’alls warm weather. I know my Texas self will be jealous as I don’t do the cold either.

Here is my rescue Wilson hogging the space heater. He does’t have much fur due to neglect/illness from his previous owner so he gets cold easily.

And one from last night:

8 Likes

Babies! :heart_eyes:

Ohh this thread is going to be one of my favorites that I check throughout the coming cold months!

I don’t get a lot of cold days here in Florida :laughing: but I will definitely relish in these pictures. Maybe I’ll find some pictures from when I lived in Oregon and Nevada and share them here. They’ll be old but just as cute!

7 Likes

@MeganB We don’t usually get a lot of cold weather here in Houston either. We’ve been in the high 40s for almost a week now, which is unusual. I would love to see any of your pets pictures!

7 Likes

I live in London Ontario. We can go one of 2 ways. Cold cold cold. Or we get a mild winter. So far I think we are in for a cold winter. Personally, I am not happy lol but that’s me as a Canadian for you. I hate winter. Simple.

My dog, she is the same. She is a 13 yr old Dachshund. She has NEVER loved wet or cold. I take her out and she will do a p** but the other? Heck no. She will drag you back or look at you like you are the worst person in the world as she shivers. And yes she has a winter jacket worn Thinsulate in it, so the shiver is just for effect lol.

I call her my California girl cuz she is only happy in the sun.

As it is, it’s 2:40pm here and she is still sleeping in my bed lol.

I have a cat but she is strictly indoors. So she would know what to do with snow lol.

I have posted a couple of photos of Juno, my California girl.

9 Likes

I love the lobster costume!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Your winter sort of sounds like ours in Houston: wet and cold (for a Texan, lol) or really cold (again for a Texan). It’s been in the high 40s to low 50s for a week and I don’t like it, lol. I prefer the sun and warmth.

5 Likes

I was gonna say that cold her can be like -30 degrees (Celsius), so you can see why I dislike it and why dog feels the same

6 Likes

Oh, yea I would be miserable!!! I think the coldest I have ever been in is 29F/-1C. And I hated every second of it.

5 Likes

Maybe I need to become a texan :rofl:

6 Likes

Ah @Dierna_Nimue_Selene you live so close to me, compared to everyone else here! Just over an hour away - and my daughter lives in London. And I love your pupper’s lobster costume :lobster:

6 Likes

Oh that is so neat! Hello, fellow Ontarian! Yeah been in London for about 10 years. Prior to that lived in Eastern Ontario, outside of Kingston.

6 Likes

This is such a great idea for a pet discussion :joy_cat: :+1: I’m loving the theme- and even more so the cute pics of everyone’s sweet furry friends all bundled up! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

This is such a cute thread. As my avatar photo shows (as well as this photo), our poodle loves the snow. He especially enjoys eating it. We call him Captain Snow Beard. :laughing:

6 Likes

@Dierna_Nimue_Selene @Catharine I am in Ottawa! Nice to see know there are people from Ontario on here. I agree with you @Dierna_Nimue_Selene , I think this will be a cold winter. Hopefully enough snow to cross country ski though.

My dog loves the snow and cold weather. He loves breaking through ice to get to the water beneath and then roll around in it. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Only if you don’t mind summer temps 100+ °F! We had the hottest summer ever this year (June and July set records for the hottest average temp since 1980). We tied a 1954 record for the hottest day at 105°F. And this doesn’t include humidity which will make it feel 115°F+ most summer days.

4 Likes

My poor almost-hairless Wilson last night.

4 Likes

Offfff… at that point it’s a choice- freeze or sweat? Which is worse lol.

And today we got dumped on. It is -6 (feels like) Celsius. Yeah, winter has arrived, le sigh Z

5 Likes

I found one! :laughing: So she isn’t laying in the snow but this is Lilly. She’s a husky we used to have when we lived in Nevada. When we moved, we unfortunately couldn’t bring her with us :sob: but we found her an amazing home with some neighbors before we left.

5 Likes

It was terrible! I am so happy the cold is here even if it’s only for a few weeks. Texas weather changes daily. Just wait @Amaris_Bane, when you turn 50 and the hot flashes start, you will love the cold weather too! Lol!

5 Likes

I am going to just crawl under a rock, at least it will cool there and no snow :stuck_out_tongue: lol. I will thus be known as the under rock witch, lol

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.