Pink Champagne Layer Cake

Here’s something for the new year that’ll make your New Year Party sparkle! Since you’re the one adding the coloring I’d say you could make this in any color, but pink seems to go with champagne the most, doesn’t it?

Pink Champagne Layer Cake

Prep 30 min
Total 2 hr 15 min
Servings 12

Ingredients for the Cake:

1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix
1 1/4 cups champagne, room temperature
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 egg whites
4 or 5 drops red food color

Ingredients for the Frosting:

1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup champagne, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 or 5 drops red food color

Garnishes, if desired:

Betty Crocker™ pink decorating sugar
Edible pink pearls and/or edible pink glitter

Directions:

Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Spray bottoms and sides of two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans with baking spray with flour.

In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and 1 1/4 cups champagne. Add oil, egg whites, and food color; beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into pans.

Bake as directed on box for 8- or 9-inch rounds. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.

In a medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. On the serving plate, place 1 cake layer, rounded side down. Frost top of the cake layer. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost side and top of the cake. Sprinkle with garnishes. Store loosely covered.

Baker’s Tips:

tip 1

Champagne is a sparkling wine, and while many expensive champagnes are available, this is one time you can use less expensive champagne.

tip 2

Sprinkle garnishes on the cake just before serving to maximize sparkle and keep them from absorbing moisture and melting into the frosting.

Nutrition:

460 Calories, 15g Total Fat, 2g Protein, 72g Total Carbohydrate, 54g Sugars

Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.

9 Likes

It’s probably just me, but that almost seems like a challenge- how many colors could I make the cake? I think tie-dye could be pretty fun for News Years! :joy:

Hahaha don’t anyone listen to me- pink is a lovely, elegant color and Amethyst is definitely right, it’s a great pair for the champagne! :clinking_glasses:

I’m still recovering from holiday goodies, but this is a reminder that now my tummy needs to make room for the New Year’s treats too! :laughing: :cake:

Awesome recipe and perfectly timed, @Amethyst- thanks so much for sharing! :heart:

6 Likes

I was thinking it would be a fun cake to make with that funfetti mix. All the different colors in it would be exciting!

Glad you like the recipe!

6 Likes

Ohhhh that’s a very fun idea! This is a cake with many possibilities- perhaps it’s also symbolic for the new year ahead! :grin:

Thanks again for sharing, Amethyst! :heart:

4 Likes

You’re welcome, dear heart!

3 Likes