Plants that attract shadows and spirits

That’s funny…keep it up … I hope you are not being serious otherwise I am not messing with dandelions! And I was just getting out of my bubble!!!:joy:

7 Likes

@LadyFireCancer

My favorite color for flowers is yellow, so I keep the dandelions because they attract bees. Marigolds are yellow or orange and are easy to grow and don’t need a lot of water. I do have a Lilac bush because I have always loved them. I do not worry about any of them attracting “shadows!” I grow sunflowers, a lot of them because they are such happy flowers.

I did live in a house several years ago and I would lay in bed and the shadows would float above me. My daughter saw them too, and my husband never knew. At this house, there were no dandelions, marigolds, or lilacs, just grass.

I was kind of joking, I hope I didn’t upset you. I was trying to make light of a scary situation.

7 Likes

No it didn’t upset me just made me laugh. I always loved lilacs and dandelions when I was young and I still love them but you know how it is …we learn things from our parents and sometimes it just stays with us. Okay but back to testing the waters…dandelions and lilacs are what I will get involved with…yay for me!! I am just so glad it wasn’t because of lilacs and dandelions that you saw shadows!!! Phew…:rofl:

7 Likes

Better to be safe than sorry.

7 Likes

I am just now getting into planting my own garden of herbs. I’m glad I stumbled across this forum because I was thinking about venturing out to new plants and I’m looking for what to plant, what kind of plants would be beneficial for me to plant, what do they “say” about them…etc. So this was a veryyyy interesting and helpful topic to read. I don’t want to attract anything in my home, it’s one fear of mine that I panic over! LOL I’M A BIG BABY! :joy: :joy:

7 Likes

Well, I managed to pick some dandelions, after all, and put them on my altar for Beltane. Still haven’t seen any shadows.:laughing: Maybe the Eucalyptus Sage candle I burned had something to do with it? :thinking:

8 Likes

I’m not sure, when I was a kid I used to pick 'em all the time, and never had any problems. Then again I fed them to our budgie, who loved them. LOL! This is all so new and interesting!

6 Likes

@Kasandra Thanks for the dandelion update, Kasandra! Whether it was through the aid of the candle or otherwise, sounds like you’re in the clear :grin: :sunflower:

@Amethyst Awwww dandelion blossoms are such a cute snack for a budgie! :bird: :blush:

This has got me thinking- perhaps, when it comes to plants that different people have different experiences with, it depends on the type/variety of the plant? For example, there are a ton of varieties of dandelions:

More than 250 species of dandelions have been identified, and unless you’re a botanist, you may find it difficult to tell the difference between types of dandelion plants.

From Gardening Know How: Dandelion Flower Varieties

Maybe certain varieties draw shadows and spirits, while others don’t? Or perhaps it depends on the location? :thinking:

I would think that any flowers (regardless of type) that grow in places that connect with other worlds- in or near cementaries, near decompossing remains, in liminal spaces, etc- would take on additional qualities for spirit work :ghost:

Just a theory here- any thoughts from fellow flower lovers/green witches? :grinning::green_heart:

8 Likes

Huh, that makes a great deal of sense.

4 Likes

I agree with you !!! Especially if they loved certain types of flowers when they were living. You never know. Why not?

5 Likes

This makes sense to me!

We have baby bunnies that didn’t make it buried in our yard & planted them away from where say, our dogs will dig when they are outside & pretty far down with flowers to help them cross over peacefully & planted flowers around them. One of them is buried at the base of my oak tree in the backyard & I have been keeping the area clean & nice. I have a small table & stool for sitting by it off to the side. I will be transplanting at least 2 bleeding heart plants on either side of it.

The mama bunnies :rabbit2: will round up the ones that are in good health when they are of age & the ones that are not thriving they leave in the nest. We found a nest in our garden last year, then fenced it in so we didn’t have any more surprises… now they have taken up living under/around our shed & under our back porch. Although, this year we have been much better about keeping up with yard clean-up… which has really only been since the summer of 2020 after I joined Spells8. :grin:

I don’t have any shadows or spirits :ghost: surrounding my area, but I have more than enough dandelions to go around. I had no idea there were so many varieties. So I may have to figure out which variety is in my yard, we also have celandine that grows throughout our yard, & mini daffodils with buttercups thrown in there. No idea where those 3 came from, they showed up in 2020. :rofl:

6 Likes

@Amethyst and @LadyFireCancer It was just a thought that popped into mind while reading everyone’s comments here- I’m glad to hear you both think so too! :grinning:

@Susurrus I think that is really sweet of you to honor the bunnies that didn’t make it and help them cross over, Siofra :pray::heart::blush: That sounds like a fun task- I hope you’re able to learn more about your local dandelions! :sunflower: As for the shadows coming from dandelions, it sounds like the shadows only come when they are picked and brought inside- but I’m just repeating what I’ve heard from others since I haven’t worked with shadow dandelions yet! (so please anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on this!)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.