4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in, center-cut pork chops
3 tablespoons plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 Gala apple (8 to 9 oz.), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
Vegetable cooking spray

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 425°. Stir together the first 5 ingredients, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. rosemary, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper in a small bowl. Rub each pork chop with 1/2 tsp. olive oil; rub both sides of each pork chop with brown sugar mixture (about 2 tsp. on each chop).

Step 2

Whisk together the apple cider vinegar and the remaining 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. rosemary, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper in a small bowl; slowly whisk in the remaining 3 Tbsp. olive oil until blended. Place apples, Brussels sprouts, and 1/4 cup vinegar mixture in a large bowl, and toss to coat.

Step 3

Place pork chops in the center of a lightly greased (with cooking spray) heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined sheet pan; place apple mixture around pork chops.

Step 4

Bake at 425° for 12 minutes; turn pork chops over, and bake 10 to 14 minutes more or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 140°. Transfer pork chops to a serving platter, and cover with foil to keep warm. Stir apple mixture in the sheet pan, and spread into an even layer.

Step 5

Increase oven temperature to broil, and broil apple mixture 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and slightly charred. Transfer apple mixture to a medium bowl. Toss together apple mixture and remaining vinegar mixture. Season with kosher salt, and serve with pork chops.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

6 Likes

Ohhh we had pork chops the other day- they would have been even better with roasted apples! :apple: :drooling_face: As for the brussel sprouts… well, those might get “accidentally forgotten” about :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks for another fun recipe, @Amethyst! I always know where to check when I can’t come up with an idea for dinner :grin::heart:

1 Like

Glad you liked most of it! What’s wrong with brussel sprouts? They put hair on your chest, as my Daddy used to say.

'Tis the season for special feasts and goodies so if you want anything special just let me know and I’ll find something for you!

1 Like

Mmmmm yummy :yum::drooling_face: get in my belly :joy: sounds delightful!!

2 Likes

Hee! Glad you liked it!

1 Like

Just by reading the title, I’m hungry already. 🤦

2 Likes

It does sound like a nice Fall dinner, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

@BryWisteria you can eat the pork from my plate and I’ll eat extra Brussel sprouts :joy:

2 Likes

If I’m ever in the market for chest hair, I now know which veggie to turn to :rofl:

We have a deal! :joy::+1: :plate_with_cutlery:

1 Like

I don’t think it works. Brussel sprouts and broccoli are my favorite veggies and I haven’t got any chest hair yet. LOL!

1 Like

Uh-oh counterevidence! :laughing: I suppose if you ever wanted to grow some chest hair you’ll have to experiment with other veggies :joy::+1:

1 Like

WIth the way some of the ground is polluted, I wouldn’t be surprised if we all sprouted chest hair one of these days! Wouldn’t that be a shocker!

1 Like

A shocker indeed! :scream: Guess I have one more thing to add to my daily prayers- I never want to wake up to a surprise like that! :joy:

1 Like