Pot Pourri

Hi everyone, so asides from pot pourri making your place smell sensational, does anyone use it in their craft? I mean they are dried flowers and come in many different varieties?

4 Likes

Potpourri can smell great and be really pretty to look at, but unfortunately open bowls of dried flower petals tend to be dust magnets and as someone with an allergy to dust it’s not something that works in my space (unfortunately) :sweat_smile: I love to dry and keep flowers, but I have to keep them sealed or stored away to avoid the dust!

I did have one bagged potpourri that was held in a ceramic figure (a cute fox :fox_face:) but the more its covered, the harder for the smell to permeate the space. And it didn’t last for very long (although it did last longer than a stick of incense or scented candle) :candle:

Apologies I don’t have much to offer here, but I’ll be following along and am interested to learn how others use potpourri in their practices! :hibiscus: :blush:

4 Likes

Well there is always a first time for everything :blush: I honestly feel nothing is better than drying one’s own flowers as it gives it that little extra boost of Magick, and i worry the die or colouring in them may effect how it will work in a spell. It is the first time i purchased some yesterday and was like “mmm i wonder if i can use this”? Honestly my whole house is a dust magnet unfortunately and i am severely allergic to dust and dust mites. You should see me when i spring clean you would have think i have Covid or someone passed away from all the redness, and watery eyes. Its the runny nose that makes sense and someone would be like “oh she’s sick not crying” otherwise i look horrid! lol

3 Likes

For some reason they stopped selling potpourri here. Maybe it’s gone out of fashion. Either that or my local Walmart has hidden it!

3 Likes

I’ve never used potpourri in my practice :thinking: my Nana used to keep some around the house when I was a kid but I haven’t seen it in a long time! I would personally be hesitant to use it because most potpourri is scented with artificial fragrances – of course, if you’re not burning it or doing anything similar then it should probably be fine! :hibiscus:

3 Likes

It is a bit old fashioned i remember people using it more when i was a kid. Maybe we can bring it back :woman_facepalming: :laughing: :blush:

3 Likes

Yes that is what i thought it looks very fake if that’s the right word. I do dry out flowers i pick from time to time and any roses hubby gives me has an even shorter life as i tend to dry them way before they even start to get old in the vase of water :blush:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.