Pumpkin Chai Snickerdoodles

Hey all! I got tired of savory recipes and thought I’d go for something sweet this time. Remember if you want something specific, just drop me a line here in the comments and I’ll go looking for it.

Pumpkin Chai Snickerdoodles

Ingredients:

2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 375°.

Step 2

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Whisk together flour, 3 teaspoons cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.

Step 3

Beat butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl, until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla; beat until pale, 4-5 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour mixture until just blended.

Step 4

In a bowl, combine remaining ½ cup sugar with remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, ginger, and cloves.

Step 5

Scoop dough into even portions (about 2 tablespoons each) and roll each in spiced sugar mixture; arrange on parchment paper-lined baking sheets (maximum of 12 cookies per sheet). Bake at 375°, rotating baking sheets halfway through cooking, until just golden brown around the edges, 12-14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

:drooling_face: gosh

2 Likes

Since you can’t get pumpkin in the UK, is there any type of recipes you’d like me to look for?

2 Likes

Oh you’re the sweetest! :heart: I’m loving this chai vibe so anything with these kinda spices would be diviiiiine :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Coolness. I’ll see what I can find. I wonder if there’s a Chai tea cake? Hmm…

2 Likes

OMG Halt your searches!
I have a trusty cake recipe and with your chai inspiration I believe something truly magical will emerge!
It may need to wait a few days for me to get the ingredients/sum up my cake-making energies but a Vanilla chai tea cake will be made and posted soon! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

OOH, that sounds good. I look forward to your recipe. I had found a cake with a caramel sauce and pistachios. But yours sounds better!

2 Likes

HOLD THE PHONE.
Caramel and pistachios?! That sounds phenomenomnomnom :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Shall I post it? I mean, I wouldn’t want to take from your Vanilla Chai Cake. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, post it! Gosh! My cake is still just an idea :joy:

2 Likes

Pumpkin chai snickerdoodles~ ohhh yum yum :yum::cookie::jack_o_lantern: Chai and pumpkin are such a great autumny match :two_hearts:

And what’s this about vanilla chai cake, @Limeberry? :eyes: And caramel pistachio cake, @Amethyst? :eyes:

My recipe resources are expanding rapidly and I LOVE IT! :laughing::+1:

1 Like

I’m with @Limeberry I’m drooling over these! :drooling_face::yum:

2 Likes

Will do. Probably tomorrow, I have two doctor appointments this morning. Blah. I’ll have more time tomorrow because it has a homemade frosting recipe AND caramel sauce. I may post a picture with it too, it’s so pretty.

You never know what new traditions you might find when you go through a recipe book. :woman_cook: :grin:

2 Likes