1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1/2 teaspoon table salt

Honey Swiss Meringue

2/3 cup clover honey

4 large egg whites

1/4 teaspoon table salt

Directions:

Prepare Tart Crust: Process pecans in a food processor for 10 to 12 seconds or until finely ground.

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute or until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar and salt. Add egg, beating just until blended; stir in vanilla. Stir together flour and processed pecans; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until mixture is no longer crumbly and forms a ball, pulling away from sides of the bowl. Press dough on the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish tart pan with a removable bottom. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.

Preheat oven to 350°. Line the crust with aluminum foil, and fill it with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake for 12 to 14 more minutes or until the crust is light brown. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Increase temperature to 425°.

Prepare Cream Cheese Layer: Beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in orange zest. Spread over the bottom of the crust.

Prepare Pumpkin Layer: Whisk together the pumpkin and the next 5 ingredients until smooth; pour over the cream cheese layer in the crust. Cover tart edges with aluminum foil.

Bake at 425° for 15 minutes; reduce temperature to 350°, and bake for 45 to 55 more minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the pumpkin layer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour). Cover and chill for 8 to 12 hours.

Prepare Meringue Topping: Whisk together honey, egg whites, and salt. Pour water to a depth of 1 inch into the bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer; place the honey mixture on top of a double boiler over simmering water. Cook, whisking constantly, for 10 to 12 minutes or until the mixture reaches 160°. Quickly transfer the mixture to the bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, and beat, using the whisk attachment, until stiff peaks form.

Gently blot any moisture that is collected on top of the tart during chilling with a paper towel. Spread Honey Swiss Meringue over the tart. Brown meringue using a kitchen torch, holding the torch 1 to 2 inches from the meringue, and moving the torch back and forth.

Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.

5 Likes

@Amethyst
What a grand and exciting recipe! I had to stop reading it, because I gained 2 lb.

2018-gobble-gobble-animation
You’re always loved
Garnet

4 Likes

Photo by Jody Horton

Oh, my Gods and Goddesses!!! This looks so yummy! I’m printing this one out to make for Thanksgiving :turkey: along with the gluten-free rolls you found for me, @Amethyst This year, it’s going to be hard to keep the weight gain down to 10 lbs or less :face_holding_back_tears: this year! No worries though I will lose it in the spring when I can work in my Magic Garden!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

3 Likes

I hope you don’t gain so much you can’t feast later this week! LOL! Glad you like the recipe!

Thank you so much for posting the picture of it, it’s so pretty to look at! I hope it works out for you and that you have a happy Thanksgiving! And don’t you know, calories taken in on holidays don’t count. I said so. LOL!

4 Likes

You had me at “pumpkin” and things kept getting even better from there- what a recipe! :star_struck: :heart::pie: I think this might be one of those dishes to make for personal pleasure- I feel like I could eat this single-handedly :joy:

Thanks for sharing a very tasty holiday treat, @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I figured this would be good for those of us who can’t decide what type of dessert to have. Cheesecake, pumpkin and Meringue. It’s all good!

4 Likes

You’re right- when you can’t choose just one tasty treat, choose them all! :joy::+1: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

It’s Thanksgiving so why not?

3 Likes

Cheers to that! :partying_face: :heart:

3 Likes

Ok, so I tried this recipe for Thanksgiving and it tasted so good! I had to make changes, of course, I bought a premade gluten-free graham cracker crust and used stevia instead of sugar. I did use honey in the meringue.

I know mine is not picture perfect as the image above, but it tasted really yummy! I didn’t make the gluten-free hot rolls, because I forgot to buy the Xanthum gum! I did make pumpkin bread though.

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe @Amethyst

3 Likes

That looks great! I’m so glad you enjoyed!

3 Likes

I think it looks delicious, and it sounds like it tasted amazing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes