3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1-1/2 cups hot brewed espresso or strong brewed dark roast coffee
Optional: Whipped cream and additional nutmeg

Directions:

Place the first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Stir in hot espresso. Pour into warm mugs. If desired, top with whipped cream and additional nutmeg.

Nutrition Facts:

1 serving: 124 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.

Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.

8 Likes

Pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg… oh boy oh boy oh boy! Don’t mind me drooling over here :drooling_face: :heart::jack_o_lantern: This is the taste of fall in a warm toasty cup- what a brew! :two_hearts:

I’ll drink the coffee version if I can’t get anything else, but if I’m making it at home I switch out the coffee for a nice black tea or even a slightly mild chai blend (more spices!). Either way, it’s heaven in a cup!

Thanks so much for this one, @Amethyst! :tada::maple_leaf: :coffee:

3 Likes

Ooh, with a dark chai tea would be lovely! I may actually have to try this. I’ve never had a PSL.

3 Likes

Mmm thank you! This is great for the time of year!

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I found a great recipe for a cold too, I’ll probably post that next week.

3 Likes

Great idea!!! Can’t wait for that one!!!

3 Likes

If you’re a coffee fan then you’ll probably love the coffee version, but for those of us who prefer a hot cuppa tea then the black or chai tea substitution is a winner! :grin: :+1:

If you give it a try I hope you enjoy it, @Amethyst! Cheers! :coffee: :heart::jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

I’d have to buy all the ingredients so we’ll see. But it sounds tasty! Especially with spiced chai tea!

2 Likes