Questions about crating my alter and circle

I don’t have space in my house to set up a big enough space for my alter and circle is there a way that I can set up an alter in side then have a sort of “travel” alter so i can take it outside on my porch and do my morning rituals and stuff there?

6 Likes

Of course. Travel altars come in all shapes and sizes, from tackle boxes to those itty bitty mint boxes. It’s all up to you!

Do you live in a safe area? What I mean is, can you leave crystals and things outside all day and night? You could even set up an altar on your porch. Like I said, it’s up to do.

5 Likes

Yes and no im not wooried about someone else taking or messing with it however my kids love rocks and stones. So keeping them out of it will be an issue haha.

5 Likes

Still, if you could find a cool rock or stump, you can paint it with runes or something and use it as your altar. Or even a patio table. Make it special and just for you. Use your imagination!

3 Likes

Hi @lisadoug98,

Absolutely! A portable altar that you can pack away when not in use is a great way to keep an altar when living in small or shared living spaces. Amethyst shared some great advice and tips, so I’ll just add in an extra resource with some more ideas for making your own travel altar

Wishing you all the best- blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

@lisadoug98 I have my altar ontop of my bookshelf so it’s not big. I also keep a travel altar for when it doesn’t rain (which is rare here in Bristol :joy:), but if I get a sunny day, I’ve got some basic stuff, a few crystals, candles, matches, a photo of my Deity, a bottle of salt, a spare pendulum, and a bag of runes, in a little basket. So you can just pick up and go. I don’t cast circles much, but on the odd occasion I have, I use my lit candle and hold it, and turn around clockwise to start and anticlockwise to end. Candles cover all the elements, and they’re portable. :sparkling_heart:

I like @Amethyst suggestion to paint runes on a rock or outside space, that’s nice, like an outdoor sacred space. Nice. :sparkling_heart:
Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

that is a really good idea i never thought of.

4 Likes

I don’t have an outdoor space so I think of what I would do if I had one. LOL! Glad you like the idea!

3 Likes

I’m currently setting mine up in the back of my closet it’s not big at all i live in a 900 sq ft apartment but there’s just enough room for a short dresser on the back wall so i’m setting it up on top of that! (clearly haven’t started haha ignore the clutter)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.