Quick candle question

For spells that require that the candle burn all the way, does that mean that the circle must remain open, incense lit and other items remain in place?

12 Likes

@anon87969570
That’s a good question. Rules of fire is not to leave a candle unattended but I don’t see a reason not to close your altar, break the circle and put the candle in, say the kitchen sink to burn out. Just a suggestion.
Blessed be my friend
Garnet

12 Likes

Thank you, my dear friend! This sucker seemed like it was going to be an eternity candle and then suddenly I turned around and it was almost gone. Phoenix_Dawn’s Speed It Powder made the candle burn fast too!

But the question has been lingering on my mind. I usually use birthday candles for such spells, but I didnxt have the color I wanted to use in birthday size.

11 Likes

I’m gonna say…it depends :laughing:

So keep in mind that I don’t generally cast circles. Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I cast a circle. But I would say that if the candle needed to burn all the way down, I would leave everything in place while it was doing so. If the incense goes out because it’s done, that’s okay. But I wouldn’t touch anything until the candle was completely finished.

10 Likes

@anon87969570 I have cut down long candles to more appropriately fit the time that I had. It’s hard sometimes to find a candle for just the right amount of time. So I started tailoring my already made candles to fit my needs.

11 Likes

I’ve definitely done that a few times before!

9 Likes

I thought about that, too. Good to know I’m not the only one!

9 Likes

I second this because it’s exactly what I would do while keeping Candle Safety :fire: in mind. So I have my candleholders inside of votive holders that wind up being wider & taller than the chime candle holders or I have the holder on a bread plate on my altar.

I honestly can’t remember the last time I cast a circle either :woman_shrugging: so please also keep that in mind. It’s not a regular part of my practice.

7 Likes

For a long time I didn’t either, especially doing rituals with deities. But these days it just seems like it adds more “Uh-oh, he means it” to my spellwork.

As for fire safety, I haven’t found a chime candle holder that I like. In fact, I think the standard ones that you see (stubby and round) are a colossal failure of engineering and design. Where’s the wax supposed to go? What keeps the candle from tipping?

I usually use a wide metal holder for a pillar candle to hold chimes, and melt the bottom of the candle so it stands up. Sometimes I place some stubby chime holders on a larger plate or ceramic pot saucer. But I hate them.

7 Likes

I can’t agree more & that’s why I put them inside a glass larger holder &/or on a plate & I do the burn the bottom of the candle trick every time. I’m not sure what “standard measurement” they use for the production of the candle holders, but they need to at least figure out the actual measurements of chime candle :rofl:

7 Likes

I never cast circles and I leave everything in place but I might add extra oil to my candle……for a total of 3 days.

6 Likes

Just bought these at Goodwill for $5.

And discovered in the car that one fits perfectly in the other.

I plan to use these as chime saucers. I don’t know why no one has thought of a one piece chime and saucer product. The outer rim could be engraved with triquetras or various symbols. You could sell them in colors to coordinate with the candles.

Why can’t I be a fabricator instead of magical and handsome? Wait… make that in addition to magical and handsome. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

I think you may want to patent that & open up shop @anon87969570 in addition to the rest there :wink:

8 Likes

From Meme Arsenal

No but seriously, @Susurrus is onto something, @anon87969570- who says you can’t be magickal, handsome, and run your own witchy shop? :laughing: :+1: Go grab yourself a patent and get started! :grin: :sparkles:

8 Likes

I don’t use chime candle holders either :laughing: I use a larger glass votive candle holder or I just stick it on a plate after melting the bottom, as several others have already mentioned. I love those plates you got at Goodwill! They’re gorgeous!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.