Rainy day joys

Hoi there, Maggie Mae here. :wave:

It’s raining! Finally! Post water magic challenge, but whatever. :yum:

And what a beautiful thunderstorm it is. :star_struck: Apparently localized on my city. Which makes a lot of sense, it being next to mountains and all. I love listening to the rain while sipping my morning caffeine. :coffee: :tea:

I feel like appreciating Tláloc today, but uh. He can be feisty from what I hear. :sweat_smile: I also want to just sit and enjoy the weather, maybe appreciate my home for how it keeps me dry in the storm. What do you do when it rains? :cloud_with_rain:

13 Likes

Oh my days, all it does here is rain! Thor has literally moved in :rofl:. As I live in the rain, I actually find it’s very nice to take my waterproof yoga mat outside, shoes off (if you’re ok with wet muddy grass) and just sit in it, under a tree gives a little shelter. If it’s cold it’s no good, but if it’s mild, it’s a really good cleanse. :joy:

12 Likes

Ooh, lovely! Might be a bit early for me, but given how weird this February has been, I might just do that… :thinking: I can live with odd looks from the neighbors in my building. :grin:

I mean, it’s just like going out into the rain for a smoke, so please don’t judge me, elderly friends! :rofl:

12 Likes

I love to sit and listen to the rain. :relieved: It can be so peaceful.

But if it’s a storm, I’m usually staring in amazement. Like a cat seeing a bird for the first time. :laughing:

12 Likes

I like that! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Storms are always so powerful; I actually get a little bit giddy hearing or seeing thunder and lightning. :two_hearts:

12 Likes

It’s a rainy day for me, too! It isn’t a thunderstorm, more of a constant windy wet drizzle :laughing: but it still counts!

It’s still too cold for me to open up the house, but I do have my curtains open, at least. It’s a work-day for me, so I’ve got my work and my coffee, enjoying the dreary gray-ness outside.

12 Likes

Same much the same here and I’m much further south. Plus there are gusty winds too.

11 Likes

It does look like the East Coast is all stormy :laughing:

12 Likes

When I was at Grandma’s house in rural Indiana, I enjoyed sitting in the garage with the door open, watching the weather over the neighboring fields.

City life was a bit different. I have happy memories of sitting in a 1965 Chevy station wagon at an A&W hot dog stand, watching lightening striking all around us as though we were in a bubble. The lightening couldn’t get through the bubble, and the bubble moved with us when we drove out and back.

Like most children, I was afraid of storms. Instead of hiding where I couldn’t see, though, Mom would take me out into the weather, driving around in the car. I learned that I preferred to see where the lightening was coming from and going. It was the only way I felt safe.

11 Likes

I love watching storms I love rainy days usually. Especially when I don’t have to leave the house. I love when it’s raining at bed time and falling asleep hearing the drops hit the house love love love

11 Likes

Gotta love a good nighttime rain. :blush: When it’s especially rainy, or when it’s thundering, my cat will be extra snuggly. I hate that she’s frightened, but I am willing to offer comfort. :heart:

@georgia It’s wild how knowledge can make our fears more bearable. Thank you for sharing your experiences! :hugs:

11 Likes

We had bad thunderstorm :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: here last night. Power went out for 3 hours. It didn’t get too cold in the house although it was in low 20’s. I couldn’t fall asleep because we had candles lit and after the smoke cleansing incident I’m afraid to have open flames. Anyway we survived and no fires!

Anyway… I used to love to dance in the rain

One of my favorite quotes is
“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain” :purple_heart::laughing::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

8 Likes

I am so sorry to hear about the stress of last night! :open_mouth: But I am very glad to hear that you survived the night and there were no fires despite past experiences. :hugs:

And I love that quote! :star_struck: I’ll definitely have to adopt that one.

8 Likes