Raising Energy for Spells

Hi guys, could someone tell me a simple method for raising power prior to some simple spellwork…?

Thanks as always :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how helpful it will be for you, but I thought I’d share my little pre-spellwork routine with you. It’s quite simple and quick, but has worked very well for me thus far.

Before I do any spellwork, I like to cleanse the place (usually around my altar, i.e. the area where I will work) by burning sage and sprinkling a bit of salt water, all in all representing the four elements. I then cast a circle, asking earth, air, fire and water to protect me while I work.

After that, I usually say the following Blessing Chant to invoke the Goddess and the God:

May the powers of The One,
the source of all creation;
all-pervasive, omnipotent, eternal;
may the Goddess,
the lady of the moon;
and the God,
horned hunter of the sun;
may the powers of the spirits of the earth;
and the rulers of the elemental realms;
may the powers of the stars above and the earth below,
bless this place, and this time, and I who am with you.

The Blessing Chant is from Scott Cunningham’s book “Wicca - A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner”. After saying it, I’m ready to start whichever ritual or spellwork I have planned that day! Usually by then I feel very focused, and like my circle - or rather the inside of it - is buzzing with energy.

I hope this helped a bit, blessed be :star2:

3 Likes

Totally agree with what @christine4 suggested. An opening ceremony is a great way to create the right atmosphere and mindset, raising the energy from the start.

Here’s a post we wrote that includes some more ideas:

Let me know if that helps or if you were looking for something else, @russell

3 Likes

Hi, and thanks so much for taking the time to post.

I was just doing a small lunar protection spell (it’s only my second spell) but this whole business of energy-raising has thrown me a bit.

It’s 10.30pm here (Ireland), so I’ve just finished the spell and it just feels great afterwards, I’m going to assume that means it went well :slight_smile:

I ended up playing a little Spiral Dance and swaying along until I felt I’d raised some energy within myself. I also repeated that beautiful Blessing Chant which Christine shared a number of times. I’m going to use that a lot, I think it’s beautiful. Thanks for posting Christine.

You know, I have to tell you this. I am on furlough from my job and I had a run-in today with my employer via email. It left me feeling very shaken up and concerned. I went into this ritual with a real feeling of lead in my stomach as a result, but I’ve come out the other end and I cannot believe how much lighter and how relieved I feel. I guess that’s magic!

Many thanks to Francisco and the rest of you for your time and help. I hope whatever your doing tonight, it goes as intended.

Blessings :star2:

4 Likes

Awesome! I’m glad to see that you are feeling the effects of your own magic already! :grin:

Indeed that’s how it feels! :+1: It’s hard to describe but in my case it’s a feeling of completion or reward, like my body is anticipating what’s coming, and it’s good!

I’m sure everything will go back to normal very soon.
Good luck and many blessings, Russell! Thanks for sharing with us! :pray:

2 Likes

You did it right!! Feel the emotion that is power!

2 Likes

Did you get any updates on the whole situation @russell ? How are things in Ireland these days? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi Francisco, thanks for asking :smile: we are keeping well. I live in the northern (British) part of Ireland and a great part of society is in lockdown with workers furloughed. I am a trade journalist in hospitality and tourism, so as you would imagine, not a lot is happening in those sectors, nor is it likely to for some time sadly. We are well, however, and our family is blessed to be healthy and together. I trust that you are staying safe - are you working at the moment?

2 Likes

I can only imagine! Tourism has been affected incredibly… but on the other hand how’s journalism doing? I would imagine there’s a lot of work for reporters everywhere.

I do design and tech work for individual clients and many of them are not working so my workload was cut in half. But it’s been good because it gave me plenty of time to work on my personal projects, especially on Spells8! :crystal_ball:

On the other hand, I also play drums in a salsa club’s band, and that’s probably not going to reopen for a long time… (Can’t social dance and social distance at the same time :confused:)

3 Likes

Lol, Francisco, my wife has discovered an online dance class which she does every morning to keep fit. Perhaps that should be your next project!! :wink:

2 Likes

I am the same way @Francisco …I do social media marketing and a lot of my clients are “on hold” so it freed up a lot of my time to do more witchy stuff! :smiley: I have learned A LOT in the past 8ish weeks.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! We’ve been learning a lot from your videos and recipes too! :pray:

3 Likes

Keep it up girl! Love your vids and miss one each now and then, but I do finally catch up with them… LOL I have been so busy in my etsy shop it is amazing…

3 Likes

That is awesome! I am really enjoying this “down” time from work stuff to work on witchy stuff.

2 Likes