Ravens or Black Birds

Day number 4: I have been woken up by Ravens or Black Birds. It sounds like there is several of them. I know there is a Spiritual meaning but not for 4 days and not that many. Does anyone know the reason behind their actions.

7 Likes

Which do you think it is or is it a mixed group? We have ravens here in Northern Nevada. My spiritual animal is a hawk. I believe I see the same one in my area and she even flew beside my vehicle.

8 Likes

My practical side wants to know if you are near a food source.
My spiritual side wants to know what feelings you notice when you see them.
I think your heart knows the answer.

8 Likes

We call ravens here in Australia crows. I do not know if they are different than ravens but will let you know…

6 Likes

Nope they are not they are different:

Ravens differ from crows in appearance by their larger bill, tail shape, flight pattern and by their large size . Ravens are as big as Red-tailed Hawks, and crows are about the size of pigeons. The raven is all black, has a 3.5-4 ft wingspan and is around 24-27 inches from head to tail.
Source: Common Raven and American Crow Identification - NatureMapping.

I see crows heaps here but don’t think i have even seen a raven before as i usually call them all crows… I will have to learn the differences now. Thank you for this unconscious enlightenment :blush:

Australian Ravens are black with white eyes in adults. The feathers on the throat (hackles) are longer than in other species, and a bird tends to extend these when calling, while holding its head and body in a horizontal position. Australian Ravens are usually seen in pairs. Another aid to identification of this species is the absence of wing-flicking while calling. Young birds resemble the adults, but have dark eyes, shorter throat hackles and often the presence of a pink, fleshy gape. This species is sometimes called a crow.
Source: https://australian.museum/learn/animals/birds/australian-raven/#:~:text=Fast%20Facts&text=There%20are%20three%20species%20of,identifying%20which%20species%20is%20which.

^Now i know why lol

Source: Crows vs Ravens: 5 Main Differences Explained - AZ Animals

8 Likes

The crow is a spirit animal associated with life mysteries and magic. The power of this bird as totem and spirit guide is provide insight and means of supporting intentions. Sign of luck, it is also associated with the archetype of the trickster; be aware of deceiving appearances. If the crow has chosen you as your spirit or totem animal, it supports you in developing the power of sight, transformation, and connection with life’s magic.

Crow Symbolism

Throughout history, the crow has been associated with both positive and negative symbolic meanings. The most common are:

• Life magic; mystery of creation
  • Destiny, personal transformation, alchemy
  • Intelligence
  • Higher perspective
  • Being fearless, audacious
  • Flexibility, adaptability
  • Trickster, manipulative, mischevious

Other traditional meanings associate the crow with bad omen, death, and dark witchcraft. The crow also carries the power of prophetic insight and symbolizes the void or core of creation.
Source: Crow Spirit Animal | Meaning & Symbolism

Also the black bird looks to me similar to a minor bird but upon researching it they are defiantly not the same had have distinct differences…

8 Likes

My spirit animal:
Spirit Animal QuizYou‘re The Wolf

Wolf Spirit Animal

What It Means To Be The Wolf

The power of the wolf brings forth instinct, intelligence, appetite for freedom, and awareness of the importance of social connections. When the wolf shows up in your life, pay attention to what your intuition is telling you.

What is the wolf spirit animal meaning?

In the spirit animal kingdom, the wolf symbolizes:

• Sharp intelligence, deep connection with instincts
  • Appetite for freedom
  • Expression of strong instincts
  • Feeling threatened, lack of trust in someone or in yourself

Positive symbolism of the wolf spirit animal

Positive meanings emphasize a deep connection with your intuition and instincts. On the negative side, the wolf could represent a perceived threat or a lack of trust in someone or your own feelings or actions. This spirit animal also reflects sharp intelligence in dealing with important matters.

Source:https://www.spiritanimal.info/wolf-spirit-animal/

8 Likes

Hi Crystal5. That is awesome. I can’t tell. Now this morning there was only (1) one bird. I always hear little birds chirping in the morning. Black birds, Crows, Ravens are Spiritual, but I thought they also meant death nearby, if that was the first bird you heard when you woke up.

5 Likes

Hello The Muslim Witch. Yes, different regions have different names, animals, cultures and so on. I have lived in Rochester, NY for 56 years and there are still some “things” I have never heard of or seen. For example, I was home in my apartment and my landlord lived above me. One morning I heard her kids screaming for me. I went outside and they were up in the window and their mom was downstairs. She says to me there is a monster size rat at the bottom of the stairs, and it won’t let the kids come down to get the school bus. She says to me, “DO SOMETHING” OMG really :grimacing:
Me? I went up the fire escape and carried both of them down, one at a time. I saw the thing and it was huge. I looked it up and it was a Roof Rat I never heard of them, :rat: but they are in Upstate, NY. They climb up to the roof and hang out there or in the attic.

Thank you and Blessed
Medea

5 Likes

Birds gathering in places can be many different things - some spiritual and some more mundane. @TheMuslimWitch has given a few different meanings behind crows and ravens :raven: and I know you also posted the two little images.

So, I did a bit of digging! I found out a few different things about why crows would gather together in groups.

– Gathering together in larger groups helps crows stay warm. So, if your area is starting to get colder, this could be a reason you see more groups of crows gathering together! Source

– Collecting together as a group also helps protect the crows from natural predators!

Great horned owls, red-tailed hawks, peregrine falcons, and eagles are all predators of crows. Roosting together sets up a “safety in numbers” that discourages attacks by these raptors. Source

– Another website says crows will gather together when a member of their flock has died. They don’t quite know why this happens but they theorize that the crows are trying to figure out what happened.

Crows flock to members of their own species after death and may interact with the dead bird in a variety of ways. Although the behavior may look like mourning, scientists believe it serves other purposes as well. Crows are incredibly intelligent and maybe trying to learn from the situation at hand, trying to ascertain both what may have befallen their comrade, and whether they need to be on the watch for new predators (5).

So it seems like crows are complex creatures that are far more intelligent than many people give them credit for! :astonished: I’m not sure if the animal you’re seeing is a crow or a raven, but these are some other things to think about :blush:

5 Likes

Yes i have heard of massive rats. Although i love nature i would run! I have had a house mouse here twice in the 6 years i live here, and although i am not scared when the scamper i freak as i think i will step on it and what do i do?, i jump up and down :woman_facepalming: Not the best solution as they are more likely to get hurt… I applaud you for going up there. I would rather deal with a snake than a giant rat! :blush:

5 Likes

lol…Oh I was not impressed. He was at the bottom of the stairs; mom was outside, and I was sleeping. I heard the kids screaming for me, so I ran over in my jammies. I told their mother for her to climb the fire escape (she was the landlord) she told me NO that she would take my keys from me or make me babysit. I ran up the fire escape and the youngest jumped in my arms when I got to the top of this 3-story house and climbed in window. I put him on my back and got him down. Next the ten-year-old. Ok now I have to get even with my landlord. I through an empty paint can from the top of the stair (she had door open) at it and the rat went running out…OMG she started screaming and I was laughing so hard I almost… well you know.

Blessed Be,
Medea

4 Likes

Thank you for your research. Somewhere at some time I heard thought or dreamt that if you hear a Raven first thing in the morning before any other bird, it means Death. I did find some very interesting site on Crows. Here is 2 I believe has happened with me, from a list:

What does it mean when you see a black crow outside your house?

A single black crow usually means that the spirits are trying to warn you about something bad or a misfortune that might befall upon you soon.

What does it mean when you see a black crow in the morning?

Seeing a black crow in the morning means something important is going to take place during the day.

Source

Spiritual Meaning Of Seeing Crows: 3 Powerful Crow Symbolism (themindsjournal.com)

5 Likes

You’re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope I was able to help at least a little bit lol

4 Likes

I am glad you brought the Wolf up. Yesterday out of the corner of my eye, I swear I saw a Wolf. I turned my head back and it obviously it was not there. Any thoughts on that?

Blessed Be,
Medea

5 Likes

Very interesting, thank you for posting that. They must be Crows that I am hearing every morning. I always thought it meant someone is going to die. On the contrary, when I was looking up the meaning of Crows Cawing on The MillersGuild website, it was noted that,
“Many cultures and traditions associate these black birds with bad omen.”
Also, on this website shows what good luck the Black Birds is:

• Whether it is one crow or more singing their loud song, this could be a sign that your day will start and progress very well.

• If you are getting ready for a big meeting, heading into an interview, or sitting for a test, hearing the cawing crows in the morning could symbolize good luck.

• As you start your day, meditate on the sounds of the crows. Call upon divine guidance to help unveil the deeper wisdom behind the birds’ song.

• Listen carefully to your intuition; the answers you ask for will come to you.

• Also, remember that crows are highly intelligent and intuitive.

• If you feel drawn to this bird as your power animal, you can evoke its powers, especially when you have a big day ahead that will need you to demonstrate your intellectual abilities.

Source:

5 Likes

I am not sure what you mean a food source. There are fields and woods near me. Some commercial buildings down the road. There are some restaurants about two miles away. So, I am not sure how to answer that. I felt fear because I always thought it meant death was not far away. After reading all the feedback and this statement from MillerGuild.com,
"That aside, many cultures and traditions associate these black birds with bad omen. (millersguild.com) I feel much more content and happier. This I use to set my intentions for the day.

Medea

5 Likes

Well from what i know, if you see, dream or think you see a wolf it means that
the the wolf represents a reliance on intuition and our deep connection to both the physical and spiritual worlds. A “wolf sighting” may bring awareness to our inability to trust our own intuition or indicate a lack of trust in the people in our lives.
Source: Seeing A Wolf: What Does it Mean When You See a Wolf? | California Psychics

So from what i understand is that it maybe a sign you need to trust your intuition more and trust significant others around you. I have both these issues if i am speaking in honesty, as i have been burned most of my life by those i care for, so although i am a very easy girl and believe people quite quickly (i tend to have an ongoing struggle to trust them in our relationship. I do not let this show but i always have this “what if” thoughts and it drives me insane! As for intuition, well i always self-doubt myself and my intuition only to be left saying “i knew i should have done such as such”.
Hope this helps :blush:

5 Likes

I too always hear about “bad omens” from these beautiful creatures, but just as ‘outsiders’ see black cats and the colour black in general as bad luck or evil, we witches know that’s not the case. I feel it was just a plan from those people back in the day who were scared of witches and scared of the ‘unknown’ that they formed these views. As i said earlier we need to trust our own selves and how we perceive things to be. To be true to one’s self is the best method and you can’t go wrong. Who better than to trust than your own self :blush:

5 Likes

Yes, it does, thank you so much! Intuition is one of my strongest suits. Blessed Be,
Medea :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes