2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted

Directions:

In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions, adding snap peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots, and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Stir in milk, sage, lemon zest, lemon pepper, and white pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.

Add ravioli and snap peas to the sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and hazelnuts.

Nutritional Facts:

1 cup: 347 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.

Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.

10 Likes

That sounds really good @Amethyst! We may just have that tonight.

8 Likes

I am absolutely making that, as soon as I find gluten free ravioli. I wish I had the ability to make my own but I’m still working on cooking. I messed up on two of my own recipes so I’m thinking I’ll wait on the ravioli :laughing:

7 Likes

If you do it, @Ostara, let us know how it turns out!

I found some gluten-free recipes today but they were way out of my zone so I don’t know if they sounded any good or not. Like Koren bbq and Egyptian stewed meat. I’ll keep a look out for you, though! I hope you’re able to find gluten-free ravioli!

7 Likes

We did it! We had to use regular green peas because our tiny grocery store didnt have sugar or snow peas. But it is delicious! The pic won’t upload, so I will send it tomorrow!

7 Likes

Ohhh cheese, peas, mushrooms, lemon, garlic, and even hazelnuts- what a creative combination of flavors! :grinning: I think I would devour a plate of this goodness :yum:

Thank you for another tasty recipe, @Amethyst! :heart::hugs:

6 Likes

Yay! So glad it was good. I look forward to seeing the pics!

You’re welcome, my dear! Trying to find some spring recipes, you know? Glad you liked it!

7 Likes

6 Likes

Yum! Looks good!

7 Likes

I’m drooling- that looks deeeeelicious! :drooling_face::plate_with_cutlery: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you, basic gluten free recipes seem to be in short supply. Like just finding celiac friendly products that don’t taste like cardboard and keeping them separate in the house is hard enough, I don’t want to spend hours manning every meal

6 Likes

I’ll see what I can find for next week!

6 Likes

Awe thank you so much :heart:

6 Likes

You’re welcome!

6 Likes

I made this last night, mom and dad said it was a different taste than what they’re used to but they would definitely make this again.

5 Likes

Cool! I’m glad they liked it!

4 Likes

And now my grandma’s caregiver wants the recipe, I gave her my copy

5 Likes

very super recipe! thank you @Amethyst !

4 Likes

That’s great! I hope your grandma likes it!

Thank you! I’m glad you like it!

4 Likes