Reccomendations on Tarot Books?

One of the things I’d like to improve and study in 2022 is tarot. Another one of the things that I am absolutely drawn to but lack the courage and confidence to pursue.

I am looking for recommendations on books or workbooks to aid in my study. Has anyone used Holistic Tarot: An Integrative Approach to Using Tarot for Personal Growth, Opens in a new tab

The website is filled with additional study materials to compliment the book but I’d love to hear from anyone who has personally read it and liked/dislike it.

Any other book recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Picture of my newest deck for tax

7 Likes

I didn’t read that but I had read “Intuitive Tarot” by Brigit Esselmont and she also has a website biddytarot.com that I like to use for descriptions. I really like the way she describes the cards. I also read “Tarot For Beginners” by Lisa Chamberlain.

4 Likes

Benevel Wen comes highly recommended. She also has a YouTube channel that many people enjoy. I have not personally read her book, though it is on my TBR list!

I’m currently brushing up on my tarot knowledge and reading Llewellyn’s Complete Book of the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot: A Journey Through the History, Meaning, and Use of the World’s Most Famous Deck By Sasha Graham. I’m not sure how much I’m enjoying it though. It’s very much not my style lol I also have a book called Tarot for Beginners by Barbara Moore. It’s okay, not very in-depth on the symbolism, but it worked well for me.

3 Likes

For my tarot poems, I use The Ultimate Guide To Tarot: A Beginner’s Guide To The Cards And Spreads by Edra Cerasuolo. It’s a good book for a beginner. I’ve heard of that holistic tarot though and have heard great things about it. It’s a huge book though and I don’t mind admitting I’m a little intimidated by it.

3 Likes

What a great goal for the new year, @Artemisia- good for you for deepening your tarot studies, I’m cheering for you! :partying_face:

I haven’t read Holistic Tarot, but I second what @Christine13 said about the Biddy Tarot website- that’s an amazing resource for tarot readers online and for free! :+1:

And if we’re talking about online/other media content, there’s also the Spells8 Tarot Course that breaks down each card and has some general lessons (such as the history of tarot)- whenever I’m learning something new I like to use multiple media formats (books, videos, physical cards, etc)- it seems to help me get new information to stick :grin:

As part of Book Club, I read The Illustrated Key to the Tarot: The Veil of Divination by L.W. De Laurence (along with @mary25 and @judith5)- you can read our thoughts about the book in this discussion here. The book itself is available as an ebook online for free through Project Gutenberg :books:

I recently found myself with a copy of Tarot: a New Handbook for the Apprentice by Eileen Connolly which seems to be a commonly referenced book, but I have some mixed feelings about it. There is a wealth of great info in it, but I don’t always agree with the author’s tone (I like more gentle guidance rather than “this is the right way to do things”). I put it down and haven’t picked it up again :sweat_smile:

One tarot book I highly recommend is Tarot: Connect with Yourself, Develop Your intuition, Live Mindfully by Tina Gong. I love her gentle and holistic approach to the Tarot- it’s been a great book so far! That being said, she takes a very Jungian point of view and her interpretations may not resonate with everyone. Also, the book is available for just 5 USD through Five Below (sorry- site is only accessible within the USA) right now- it’s a real steal of a deal! :money_with_wings:

Good luck and wishing you all the best with your tarot studies, Kat! :sparkles::flower_playing_cards:

4 Likes

I have a copy of this book, and I haven’t read it too closely, but I’ve skimmed it, and I reference it frequently when I’m attempting to do a reading for myself. Although I haven’t read it, I recommend it so far because it has EVERYTHING you could ever want to know about tarot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love Fearless Tarot by Elliot Adam https://www.elliotoracle.com/
It’s such a positive study of the cards, without sugar coating! It’s my go-to when my intuition needs some inspiration.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.