Recharging šŸŒ³

Iā€™ve been spending lots of time in the great outdoors lately since the weather has been nice. It has encouraged me to clean up my backyard and clear a garden plot! What are you all growing this year? I also plan to set up a small outdoor altar next to our maple tree soon. We have lots of henbit (Iā€™ve always known them as ā€œhoneysuckleā€) growing in our yard, and I was curious if there are any magickal properties to it? I grew up eating the flowers for their sweet taste! I hope everyone is doing well, blessed be. :leaves:

12 Likes

My regular vegetable garden Iā€™m going to put green beans, tomatoes, potatoes and watermelon.

My herb garden, I donā€™t remember what I have started. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. I know oregano, sage, and lavender but canā€™t remember what else I have started.

9 Likes

Your back garden looks gorgeous, Iā€™m excited for your outdoor altar. I canā€™t grow anything outside as we get soooo much rain itā€™s just a mudslide, even my apple trees are complaining :person_shrugging:, but hereā€™s hoping for some blue skies soon. :grin:. Looking forward to seeing how your garden grows :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

The weather has been so nice here, too! :heart: Itā€™s been in the 60s which, compared to the 20s and 30s from a couple of weeks ago, Iā€™ll take it! :joy:

I donā€™t have any plans for a garden yet because I have no clue what the previous own planted. I do know that there is some type of daylily planted by my patio - literally everywhere, theyā€™re popping up! Iā€™ve got some little sprouts in my grass that Iā€™m not sure what they areā€¦

Iā€™ll live vicariously through everyone elseā€™s gardens :laughing: but I do plan on spending a lot of time outdoors! We have a lot of work to do on our house and now that the weather is nicer we can get started on that - well, we can get the contractors to come look because we canā€™t fix our foundation and exterior walls by ourselvesā€¦ lol

7 Likes

@Mystique those all sound great to have in a garden! I myself am thinking of doing 2 tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 Serrano pepper, 1 jalapeƱo pepper, 1 cantaloupe/melon, and strawberries! This will be my first time doing a garden in 3 years, so Iā€™m really excited to get some starts/seeds into the ground this weekend. I would like to do an herb garden too but think Iā€™ll set that up inside?
@tracyS thank you! Iā€™m excited to set up my outdoor altar as well, not sure how fancy Iā€™ll make it but thatā€™s okay! I hope you get some blue skies soon. :sunny:
@MeganB Iā€˜m sure there will be lots of garden pictures here this spring so it wonā€™t be hard to live vicariously through them! Good idea :grin: I wish you the best of luck with getting your house fixed up, I know how stressful & expensive that can be.

7 Likes

Thank you, @amandakay :heart: Iā€™m sure weā€™ll get there with the house eventually. Itā€™s just a very big expense that weā€™re not even sure of the cost yet :laughing:

7 Likes