Rock Identifier Assistance

As @Susurrus said, @Missa or @christina4 is the go-to for identifying the stones. But to cleanse them I would use smoke, either sage, palo santo, or even incense smoke. Then maybe put them out under the full moon for a night or two. If you have any selenite, like a selenite plate I’d put them on that too. That would get them good and clean.

7 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus

5 Likes

@Amethyst Thank you. Since the full moon has passed now. Is there another date during the end of December with another moon phase to cleanse them? Million thank you!!! Blessed be!

5 Likes

You’re welcome! The New Moon is January 2nd, but I don’t think that has quite the umph as the full moon does when cleansing stones. You could cleanse them in the sun for a short amount of time, depending on the stone. That would do it.

Blessed be!

6 Likes

@Amethyst All are nice! I am doing them all. Thank you.

5 Likes

Greetings @SingingWitch and congrats on your lovely new bracelets! :prayer_beads: :sparkles:

My first impression was that they might be lava beads (as I have a bracelet in a similar style with lava beads), but on closer inspection, your black beads are smooth- so probably not lava stones! Apologies I’m also not a crystal expert, so hopefully those who are will have better guesses for you! :pray:

As for cleansing, many witches do like to cleanse under the light of the Full Moon. However, you could try cleansing/charging your tools with Sun Magick on any sunny day :sun_with_face: There are also plenty of ways to cleanse tools that use forces other than moon magick- you could cleanse with salt, do a sage cleanse, or use palo santo.

I hope you can figure out the identity of your lovely bracelets and that you find a way to cleanse them that works for you! Good luck and blessed be :blush:

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

3 Likes

@BryWisteria Hi! Thank you. Last night, I washed them with moon water then I left them inside brown rice. This morning I laid them under the Sun. Finally I will use sage as the final process.

Thank you for all your advices. It’s appreciated :bulb:

4 Likes

You’re very welcome! :heart: And oh, that sounds lovely- may your cleansed and charged crystals bring you good luck and many blessings :sparkles::blush:

4 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank you!

Happy new year alll!!!

Enjoying my bracelets already​:heart_eyes::sweat_smile::clinking_glasses:

6 Likes

Looking awesome, @SingingWitch! :sparkles: Wear those lovely bracelets with pride- may they be good luck charms for you in the new year! :blush:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank you

4 Likes

I don’t think those clear ones are moonstones. They might be opalite, which is man-made glass or clear quartz. My best guess about the black beads n the bracelet with the barbell is black jasper but it’s really hard to tell from the photos. If you take them into any crystal shop, they should be able to identify them in person for you.

5 Likes

@mary25 Thank you! It would be difficult for me to ask the store for identification because my friend bought them from another friend who bought them originally in Dominican Republic. We live in Haiti.:blush::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart: Anyway I really appreciate. Take care!

5 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know1 I hove always wanted to see Haiti :slight_smile: I taught my French students about Haitian culture, at least, what I know about it. They loved learning about the tap tap buses! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@mary25 It’s very very cool in fact. Tap tap buses are like the energy of the town. They are very colorful. With scriptures on it sometimes we can see quotes, bible verses. Anything that goes on the mind of the driver. It’s also a bit noisy. We hear compas music playing all along the road. And inside, people talk between them. It can be about political events or silly jokes. It’s interesting.

We have a very rich culture. Hoping you will have fun with this music video.

[link redacted - video is no longer available]

This artist’s name is Ayiiti like the country. She has made a song with a kids song. It’s very original. She is very close to the Voodoo also and has done references to Damballah in this song.

:sweat_smile::bulb:Sorry guys for the digression.

5 Likes

I’ve never had the chance to go myself, but Haiti sounds lovely, @SingingWitch! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And wow- what a fun song, too! It’s got a great rhythm :dancer:

We’ve got a lot of music lovers here (myself included! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: ) so if you have any more fun songs, (especially ones with witchy ties/references!) please feel free to share them in our forum music collection: Witchy Music, What’s Your Favorite? :musical_note: :blush:

And that’s a great point about the crystal shop, @mary25- even if it’s not possible to go to the shop where a crystal was purchased, I imagine many crystal/rocks shops would be able to help identity unknown crystals! Good idea to consider! :mag_right: :gem::sparkles:

4 Likes

I loved it1 Thank you! :slight_smile: :heart:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria I will!:blush::microphone::microphone::microphone:

Finding a local shop for crystals can be more difficult but I ll try…:kissing_heart::bulb: Thank you!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, @SingingWitch- good luck and blessed be! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes