1 cup sugar, divided

1 large egg

1 teaspoon rose water

½ cup raw pistachios

Special Equipment

A 2½-inch-diameter fluted cookie cutter

Directions:

Step 1

Whisk salt and 2 cups flour in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and ¾ cup sugar until well combined (butter does not need to be fluffy), about 3 minutes. Beat in egg. Reduce speed to low and gradually mix in dry ingredients. Divide dough in half and pat into two ¾"-thick disks; wrap in plastic. Chill for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.

Step 2

Whisk the remaining ¼ cup sugar with ¼ cup hot water in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in rose water; set aside.

Step 3

Place racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 350°. Working one at a time, let dough disks sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes to soften slightly. Roll out on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper, dusting with more flour and chilling to firm if it becomes too hard to work with, until about ⅛" thick. Punch out cookies with a cutter; transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 1" apart. Gently press 3 pistachios into each cookie. (Bonus: Snack on any leftover pistachios.)

Step 4

Bake cookies until golden brown, 10–12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes; lightly brush with reserved rose water mixture (you won’t use all of it). Let cool completely.

Step 5

Do Ahead: Dough can be made 1 month ahead. Freeze instead of chilling.

Nutrition:

Calories (kcal) 110
Fat (g) 4
Saturated Fat (g) 1.5
Cholesterol (mg) 15
Carbohydrates (g) 16
Dietary Fiber (g) 2
Total Sugars (g) 9
Protein (g) 2
Sodium (mg) 25

Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit.

6 Likes

Oooo Neat and yummy Thank you for this one too

3 Likes

Yum sounds divine! Will have to try it. I always got some rose water in the fridge whether it is for cooking for beauty purposes :blush: Thanks for sharing :blush:

3 Likes

I see rose and pistachio paired together pretty often- they must be a classic couple! :green_circle: :rose: :blush:

This recipe sounds really tasty- I’d definitely give it a try :yum:

Thank you for sharing the recipe, Amethyst! :pray: :two_hearts:

1 Like

You’re welcome! I wanted to post something that used rose water and this was one of the recipes I found. It reminds me of baklava, what with the rose water and pistachios. It sounded good!

You’re welcome!

You’re welcome, dear heart! Glad you liked it!

4 Likes