Rutile crystal anyone?

Source: Moh e Najaf | Luck Stone | Best gemstones in Pakistan | Mehrban Ali

Hi everyone, so today my husband picked out a beautiful polished crystal he intends to make into a ring and after seeing it I was in love! It’s called a rutile crystal and from what I know it’s part of the quartz family and it has needle like look to it. Does anyone know more about this crystal? After a quick research this is what I found:

Rutile is an accessory mineral in igneous rocks but is more common in schists and gneisses; it also occurs in pegmatites and crystallized limestones and is common in detrital deposits. Microscopic needles of rutile are widespread in clays, shales, and slates.
Source: rutile | mineral | Britannica.

Also the craft meaning:
A stone often used in attunements, Rutilated Quartz promotes a connection with the divine. It is a self-contained example of two very synergistic minerals working in combination with each other, where each mineral enhances the energies of the other. Many crystal lovers utilize the energies of Rutilated Quartz for channeling and astral travel. Rutilated Quartz is also used to enhance psychic abilities, clairvoyance, and telepathy. It is helpful to think of the Rutile within Rutilated Quartz as a spiritual antenna of sorts, via which you can broadcast and receive vibrations from a higher source.

Rutilated Quartz is useful for amplifying energies and intention, and is therefore great for programming, meditation, and dream-work. The fine vibrations from rutilated quartz can easily facilitate the deeper state of mind that is conducive to lucid dreaming and productive meditation sessions. Simply gazing into Rutilated Quartz can bring one into an altered state of consciousness. Programming is the same as it is for Clear Quartz, however the program is amplified even more so in Rutilated Quartz Crystal.

Rutilated Quartz puts off an exceptionally high level of energy, and is said to bring physical and mental balance and stability. Many use Rutilated Quartz to help promote mental clarity, to draw off negative energy, to cleanse the aura, and to heal the etheric body. Rutilated Quartz also enhances self-reliance and helps with decision-making. Use Rutilated Quartz as a link between the Root and Crown Chakras, or to get to the “root” of a problem, and to bring in divine inspiration for a solution.
source: Rutile Quartz – The Witch Depot

Does anyone use this in their craft?

This is a picture of mine I plan to make into a pendant and earring set:

10 Likes

Ohhhh beautiful! :heart_eyes: :gem:

I’m afraid I personally haven’t worked with Rutile before, but @christina4 shared an info post about Rutilated Quartz that might have some additional info for you:

There are many wonderful crystals experts around here, so I hope they’ll have some more info and perhaps some fun facts about your beautiful new stone- it really does look lovely! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Wow, that’s gorgeous! That’ll be pretty made into a pendant and earrings!

9 Likes

I’ve never worked with this crystal before but it’s really interesting! I like the way it looks – I feel like if I had one I would stare at it all the time :joy:

7 Likes

Thank you! I guess i should have checked the search bar before posting but glad to see other information :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you i just love the little needle like design in it. It reminds me of tree branches… :blush:

6 Likes

Yes perhaps one of the reasons i brought it lol :laughing: :blush:

6 Likes

See, it reminds me of the Fortress of Solitude being build from the old Superman movie. LOL! Guess I’m into comics too much.

5 Likes

No worries at all- happy if I could help! :blush:

I hope you’re enjoying your beautiful new stone! :gem::sparkles:

5 Likes

Your black rutile quartz are gorgeous :heart_eyes: I have one a couple I can share with you. One is black rutile and the other is gold.

6 Likes

Thank you and i am but atm it is kept safe in the little pouch it is in as i am too afraid to loose it after i recently lost a amber earring i spent hours searching for both in and out of the home…

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: So stunning! Never knew they came in gold. Thank you for sharing :blush:

6 Likes

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear about the lost earring- they do have a naughty habit of running away :sweat_smile: Maybe try a finder’s spell? There’s a good one here:

I hope you find it (or it finds its way back to you) soon! :pray::heart:

6 Likes

Of course! Anytime :blush:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.