Sabbat wood slices

Starting a new craft today, I’m making hanging wood slices for the Sabbats to hang up with my Sabbat altars in a jar.

You can get the wood slices in the craft section at the dollar store.

The images were purchased off etsy here: Wheel of the Year digital stickers

I cannot share the images but I did the names myself with free font vectors and can share those if you want them.

I’m using Mod Podge Photo Transfer medium that can be purchased from Amazon, instructions for how to transfer images to other surfaces are here: Plaid Mod Podge Photo Transfer

I recommend printing your images on regular 20lb copy paper, it’s thinner and easier to remove the paper when dried so less scrubbing and risk to damaging your image.

You must print on a laser printer, this process will not work with inkjet printer ink and if your image has words you must flip the image.

After putting down your image with the transfer medium use a credit card or other flat edge or a brayer if you have one to get all the bubbles out by lightly rubbing the card edge around your image or rolling the brayer around.

You must allow them to dry completely, at least 24 hours.

Images flipped so when applied face down the words will be correct.

I’ll post pics later of them when they are finished.

19 Likes

That’s a beautiful idea!

13 Likes

Oh how creative. :green_heart:

12 Likes

Oh, how exciting!!! I love crafting magickal things. Looking forward to seeing them when they are completed!!

11 Likes

Oooo I love them! :hugs: What a great idea :bulb: I have a bunch of these

10 Likes

That is such a great idea! I can’t wait to see them when you’re finished :tada:

10 Likes

@suzanne7 great! i love them! :revolving_hearts: :grinning:

10 Likes

So here they are finished.

I must say I will not use the Mod Podge photo transfer medium again for applying to wood since it is colored white. Had I known it would not dry clear I would have fussy cut them way better.

I do like how they turned out but take care when rubbing off the paper when it is wet, you rub too hard or too much and you lose some of your photo.

Sprayed a couple of coats of clear triple gloss and the colors deepened up to the original prints.

Our Ostara altar now :hatching_chick: :hatched_chick:

12 Likes

These look great!

10 Likes

They’re fabulous :green_heart:

10 Likes

What a fun craft - they turned out beautiful! :sparkles:

Your altar space looks amazing, and the new Ostara wood slice is right at home with your other lovely decorations :blush:

Blessings of the season, Suzanne! :heart: :seedling: :egg: :sparkles:

10 Likes

They turned out beautiful @suzanne7! What a great idea!

10 Likes

I love them! :blush::heart:

8 Likes