1 cup chopped toasted pecans

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

¼ teaspoon baking powder

1 cup turbinado or Demerara sugar

1 large egg, lightly beaten

42 pecan halves (about 1 cup)

Directions:

Beat butter in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in chopped toasted pecans and vanilla.

Whisk together flour and baking powder in a bowl. With the mixer running on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until blended.

Transfer dough to a work surface; shape into 2 (7-inch) logs. Wrap logs separately in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place turbinado sugar in a shallow dish. Unwrap logs, and brush evenly on all sides with egg. Roll each log in turbinado sugar. Cut logs into ⅓-inch-thick slices (you should have 42 cookies total), and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Top each cookie with 1 pecan half, pressing lightly to adhere.

Bake in preheated oven until cookie edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool for 10 minutes.

Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.com

2 Likes

omg. I know what I’m making tomorrow. I’ve already added in ingredients to my shopping list for the morning! :yum: Thank you for sharing!!

1 Like