Saying Goodbye to a Friend 🐈‍⬛

I just wanted to let everyone know that I may be sparse around here the next few days. I had to suddenly put one of my cats down yesterday and it’s been a bit rough for me. We rescued him when Hurrican Eta (turned tropical storm) blew through our area in Florida last year. He was only a few months old at that point and now he’s gone. The vet said there was literally nothing any of us could have done because he probably threw a clot and that’s why he went downhill so fast.

I’m also trying to get one of my ferrets to gain weight. Somehow the dog brought fleas in from outside and gave them to all the animals and, well, the ferrets got them, too. It’s hard to tell with them because they’re naturally itchy creatures, but I noticed a few days ago that she has dropped a significant amount of weight and is just generally weak and not eating or drinking at all. So that’s where I’ll be focusing a lot of my time, too.

Ben, if you want, you can add my to the energy exchange circle, but it’s not entirely necessary :hearts:

10 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss :cry: and for the added stress of the other animals, especially the ferrets, dealing with pests. Pets play an important role in our mental wellbeing and I don’t know what I would do if I lost one of my two cats.

5 Likes

@MeganB take all the time you need. It’s awful to lose one of the family suddenly and our furbabies are definitely family. I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that your ferret baby pulls through. :candle:

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this beautiful :heart: take as much time as you need we will always be here when you need us :heart: Love and Light :heart:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby. :cry: One of the worst feelings in the world. I’ll remember to say a prayer for you.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you x

6 Likes

Any time a furry family member is lost, it’s heartbreaking. Sending you loving vibes. For the fleas have you tried a lavender bath for them? Or put a little dab of lavender on the ear to get rid of them? I found that works pretty good for my small doxie Dottie when we lived in Washington and they had a ton of fleas. Not so much here in Wyoming at the higher elevation (we live on the Continental Divide up 7k) and colder weather.

:sunny: :sunny: :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

@MeganB I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you/your family/ and your little ferret in my thoughts.
Love&Light :candle:

6 Likes

So sorry to hear about the loss of your furry friend, @MeganB. Pets are part of the family and their departure always hurts. Sending endless love and light your way- you and the rest of your family are in my thoughts and prayers :pray::candle:

4 Likes

I am so sorry for you loss and I am sending you massive hugs xxxxx

5 Likes

I’m so sorry :pensive: there’s no words when you lose someone!!

5 Likes