Seeded No-Knead Bread

Here’s my first try at a no knead bread, I usually do a home made bread with my sour-dough starter. We are having spaghetti tonight and I thought I’m make it to go with dinner!

Recipe is from Good Housekeeping magazine. Let me know if you can’t read it and need to! It’s yummy, I just tried a tiny slice!

7 Likes

Ohh this looks tasty! I couldn’t read it from the picture so I just went ahead and zoomed in to get the recipe :laughing: Here it is all typed out!

3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for parchment
1.5 tsp kosher salt
0.5 tsp instant yeast
1.3 cups lukewarm water
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp white sesame seeds
0.5 tsp black sesame seeds
0.5 tsp caraway seeds

1. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and yeast. Add water and mix until a rough, sticky dough forms.
  2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise at room temp until doubled in size and surface is mottled with lots of bubbles, about 12 to 18 hr.
  3. Use rubber bowl scraper to gently turn out dough onto 1 end of generously floured piece of parchment. With floured hands, pull edges of dough over itself toward center and pinch together to form pouch-like loaf. Carefully flip dough over (make sure parchment you’re working on is well-floured) so seam is facing down. With floured fingers, tuck edges of dough under itself to form neat, round loaf.
  4. Sprinkle top of dough with flour and cover dough with plastic wrap. let it rise again until puffy and indentation is left when it’s poked with a finger, 1 to 2 hr.
  5. Thirty min. before second rise is complete, place 4- to 6-qt Dutch oven with lid on middle rack of oven; heat oven to 450F.
  6. Trim any excess parchment around dough (leave enough to transfer loaf to Dutch oven) and slash top of loaf 3 times with sharp knife.
  7. In small bowl, combine fennel, sesame and caraway seeds.
  8. Using oven mitts, carefully remove preheated Dutch oven from oven and remove lid. Using parchment, transfer bread to Dutch oven, sprinkle with seed mixture, cover and bake 30 min.
  9. Uncover and bake until bread has a golden crust and a digital thermometer inserted into loaf registers 209F to 210F, 15 to 20 min. Turn loaf onto wire rack and let cool before slicing.

Adapted from Jim Lahey’s no-knead bread recipe.

Serves 10 - About 140 cal, 0.5g fat, 4g protein, 289mg sodium, 29g carb, 1g fiber

6 Likes

So yummy!! I may through some bread into the machine when I get home from routine blood work.

6 Likes

Oh wow thanks @MeganB!!!

I didn’t have all the right seeds, so I made it with white sesame seeds and Trader Joe’s everything bagel topping :). It’s yummy

@AileyGrey I have a bread maker, but since i usually do my sour dough, I don’t use it much, and this recipe looked pretty easy, just the rising time is the biggest time consumer!

5 Likes

You’re welcome :blush: it was pretty simple! I used to do transcription so I can type fairly quickly lol I’ve saved this recipe to try one day. I think I have instant yeast somewhere but I’m not sure!

5 Likes

Oh wow looks great!

5 Likes

It looks really good @jan_TheGreenWitch
All the bread I make is No-Knead Bread because it’s gluten-free but sadly it’s never as good either! :hugs:

5 Likes

It looks amazing and it sounds like it passed the taste test too!!! :yum::two_hearts:

Great work, Jan- I bet it went perfectly with the spaghetti dinner! :bread: :spaghetti:

4 Likes