Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin with Broccoli and Butternut Squash

Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin with Broccoli and Butternut Squash

active: 20 mins
total: 55 mins
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 3 slices pork, 2 cups vegetables)

Ingredients:

1 (1 lb.) pork tenderloin, trimmed
2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
6 cups fresh broccoli florets (from 2 medium heads of broccoli)
4 pre-chopped fresh butternut squash
1 medium-sized red onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 lemon, halved
2 tablespoons salted butter

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat the broiler to HIGH, and position the middle oven rack 6 inches from the heat. Rub pork tenderloin with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season on all sides with thyme, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and broil in preheated oven until nicely browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from oven, and reduce oven temperature to 450°F.

Step 2

Toss together broccoli, squash, onion wedges, and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Move pork to 1 end of the baking sheet; spread vegetables and lemon halves in a single layer on the other end of the baking sheet. Bake at 450°F until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of pork registers 140°F, 15 to 20 minutes.

Step 3

Transfer pork to a cutting board, and let rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add butter to the baking sheet, and toss with vegetables until the butter melts. Squeeze baked lemon over vegetables, and stir. Serve immediately.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

7 Likes

That looks so good, I almost bought a pork tenderloin but decided on pork chops, dang it! I will definitely do this soon. Ok, recipe printed and now I’m hungry! Thanks for another great recipe @Amethyst

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope it works out for you!

3 Likes

My mouth is watering reading this :drooling_face: :two_hearts: I can’t remember the last time I had butternut squash- it’s in season now, so I think it’s high time to remedy that! :grin:

Thanks for the delicious recipe and inspiration, @Amethyst! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I don’t know about Poland but stores around here sometimes have cubed butternut squash in the freezer section. That would make this recipe all the easier!

3 Likes

Chopping up the squash is definitely the hardest part- getting them already prepared would definitely make it way easier! :star_struck: I’ll have to snoop around through the freezer section- maybe in between all the bags of frozen pierogies I’ll be able to find some butternut squash :laughing: :+1:

Thanks, Amethyst! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome! They have it at Walmart here, but I don’t know if you’d have it in your stores.

3 Likes

I never what I’ll find at the local Biedronka (a popular supermarket chain- the name means “Ladybug” :lady_beetle:)- where shopping is always a surprise :laughing: ! If I’m lucky, I’ll find a butternut squash treasure :wink::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Good luck!

3 Likes