Should have made storm water last night

We had a doozy of a storm (lightning, thunder, hail and of course a ton of rain) come through yesterday evening. The first one of the year. I, instead of putting a jar out to collect storm water, just stood on my front porch and watched. What a noob I am. But alas, there will be more storms that come through my area.

12 Likes

Watching a storm is magical :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

8 Likes

@tracyS Thanks for the words of encouragement.

8 Likes

That’s not a noob thing @maurice2 I’ve been practicing off and on for 35+ years. And when it storms I often forget the jar because I’m so fascinated with the storm itself. They are so beautiful and amazing to watch.

5 Likes

It’s totally okay! You’re right - there will always be more storms. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: Also, it’s okay not to grab storm water if you don’t need it! Rain carries bacteria so it’s not going to keep over a long period of time anyway. It’ll go rancid if you keep it too long (trust me… I’ve made that mistake before!)

5 Likes

Sounds like a wild and exciting one! Storms are powerful and beautiful. I certainly can’t blame you for taking the time to stop and enjoy it :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::sparkles: :blush:

Like you and Megan said, there will always be another storm soon to come! If you feel called to use storm water, there will be other chances for you to craft some :jar: :grinning:

5 Likes

i love storms! :hekate_wheel: :dizzy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes