Show me your Besom

Hi all, i am very interested in seeing different types of besoms which you may have made or brought… My besom i made during lockdown but i am thinking to make another with birch twigs as i am not 100% satisfied with this one… Also does anyone know what tree those beautiful purple more thinner besoms are made of? Are they painted or are they natural as they seem like it…

10 Likes

I found this little broom in the fireplace when I moved into this house, I liked the spiral carving on the handle so I adopted it

13 Likes

Yes it is very beautiful it looks unique… Thanks for sharing… When my kids decide to give back the phone or ipad i will take a pic of mine too :blush:

10 Likes

This is the besom I made with a broken off branch I found in the local woods, some birch twigs I bought from Etsy and natural twine.

I also have have this mini besom on my altar that I bought on Amazon.

12 Likes

Love it! they are both so nice. The bigger one is so elegant and the little one is nice and colourful…

7 Likes

This is my besom. I made it a couple months back when I just started and was the first thing I made… I use a stick we didn’t use much for an old bird cage as I tried to use a branch from our backyard but it didn’t work out well. The twigs I brought from the local Afghan supermarket as they sell these twigs since some people make their own brooms for the house…, the flowers and yarn I had here at home and though it would add some colour to it….

12 Likes

It’s beautiful x

9 Likes

Thank you :blush:

8 Likes

Gasps I’m loving the colors!!!

8 Likes

10 Likes

Wo love it and a good place to keep it… Mine is on my desk in the corner due to the kids and my naughty little cockatiels since they love the twigs so much… Love the white ribbon too goes great with the besom :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank You! @TheMuslimWitch

5 Likes

I love your besom. It is very natural and i am an earth sign. Have you thought of adding decorations like fake flowers or leaves? I make my own but I always have to dress them up a little to make them pretty I guess I don’t know I just like the flowers on them.

4 Likes

Welcome @deborah19!

Your besoms are gorgeous- I can tell you have a really lovely aesthetic going when you create them. They look happy and full of life :bouquet: And the little bundle towards the top of the broom is a lovely addition!

Thank you for sharing them- please make yourself at home here! :cherry_blossom: :sparkles:

3 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch these are mine. They are both now upside down. As to keep negativity away, til im ready to work with them.

U can see the smaller one behind my jar of yarrow, it is always beside my altar to clear away and negative energy before and after any spell work. The larger one i use around my house.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum :infinite_roots: @deborah19
I love your besom’s with the flowers. They look beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I have to agree with @BryWisteria “They look happy and full of life :bouquet:” They really do look Happy :hugs:
With love :heart: always

3 Likes

Oh this is gorgeous!:heart_eyes: My one is just pretty much all I had available so I went with it…

4 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch hey girl use what u got. Lol nothing wrong with that. Work smarter not harder like hubs always says. Mine were found along with all of those books i told u about.

4 Likes

I found the stick for the broom in my backyard broken so i kinda tweaked it and the brush part of it (if that’s what it is called), i found in a local shop which was sold loose for the buyer to make themselves. I really love that fancy one what is is called birch i think? (like this:)
Source: Log into Facebook | Facebook

4 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch thats awesome. I have a staff thats from a hickory in my yard. Those are gorgeous btw

4 Likes