Signing Into the Spells8 App

@moderators I need helping finally got app to download now when I try to sign it. It’s sends the email link and only signs me on on Google. But it won’t sign me into the app help please :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hi @Devenne!

Just to confirm, you were able to successfully log in to the Spells8 App and are just having trouble signing into your account, yes?

Things may be a bit turbulent due to the app currently updating, but we can try to get you signed in via the usual methods and see if that works! (And in the meantime, you should still be able to use the site and forum via your web browser :+1: )

In the app, are you able to access the forum and click the blue “Log In” button on top?

It should then bring you to a Spells8 screen where you enter your email- is that what you are seeing?

(Apologies- I’m trying to take screenshots, but my phone died two days ago and I just got a new one- I’m still figuring out how to maneuver screenshots/photos :sweat_smile: )

6 Likes

App is downloaded when I hit the log in button in the app brings me to sign in enter email sends email. Went to email. Click link it takes me to the web browser logs me in there but never logs me in the app. Tried more than once. Also checking my permissions or whatever should not route me to the website. Idk lol :laughing:

6 Likes

I can’t open the app either, but if I’m remembering correctly, there should also be a link that says to use your password instead when trying to login. I’d take a screenshot if I could :joy:

7 Likes

So when I try to login to the app type my password first and not my email?

6 Likes

No, there should be a little link under where you type your email address that says something like “Sign in with a password instead” – if that’s gone or not there, then it must have changed from the last time I had to login to the app :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It doesn’t work that way either hahaha

5 Likes

Nope that link takes u back to where u started

4 Likes

Dang… :thinking: I’m at a loss, then. Sorry!

4 Likes

Not ur fault

4 Likes

I’m sure once @Francisco gets up and around (he’s in a different time zone than me lol) he’ll let us know what’s going on :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Appreciate u :relieved:

5 Likes

Aww :hugs: :blush: I do my best!

4 Likes

Your wonderful :100:

4 Likes

(Managed a screenshot on the new device- a small victory for today :joy:)

When you enter your email in the app and hit the purple “Continue” button, the space to enter a password should pop up beneath your email- I think this is what Megan was referring to.

Are you seeing the same thing, or is the password space not opening up for you?

5 Likes

Nope it goes from this to this.

No password option…

5 Likes

@Devenne Have you set up a password on the main site. When I first joined Spells8 I got the same as you, as I hadn’t setup a password. So I went to sign in on the main site and setup a password.

Once you’re signed into site, go to your account.

Where it says new password not required, put one in and press update your profile.
Then go back into the app and sign in. See if that works, if you haven’t already done this. :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

Your a genius right when u said this I did that. And I’m in finally!!!

6 Likes

Thankyou so much for following along and helping me out. And thankyou to all xoxoxoxoxo o

6 Likes

Woohoo! :clap: :tada: I’m glad that was fixed for you!

5 Likes