Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake

I think I’ve just about satisfied @BryWisteria’s need for pumpkin recipes by now, but I gotta throw this one in. It’s a pumpkin pie cheesecake, made in a slow cooker! And look at it, it looks yummy!

Here’s the recipe!

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake

Ingredients:

300g peeled kent pumpkin, cut into 4cm cubes
150g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
100g unsalted butter, melted
4 eggs, 1 lightly beaten
250g cream cheese, softened
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans
2 tbsp pepitas
¼ cup maple syrup
a dollop of cream, to serve

Directions:

1. Cook the pumpkin in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander and leave to air-dry.

2. Grease and line the slow-cooker with baking paper. Wrap the lid with a clean tea towel and tighten with a rubber band or piece of string. This prevents any condensation from dripping into the cake.

3. Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the brown sugar, half of the melted butter, and the beaten egg and mix until a dough forms. Evenly press the dough into the base of the slow-cooker and up the sides to a height of 2cm.

4. Purée the pumpkin in a food processor. Add the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, and process until smooth. Add the remaining eggs, one at a time, pulsing until combined. Add the remaining butter and pulse to combine.

5. Pour the mixture into the slow-cooker and cook on low heat for about 4 hours, until the outside is set but the center is still slightly wobbly (the time will vary slightly from one slow-cooker to the next). Turn off the slow-cooker and leave to rest for 30 minutes before removing, then set aside to cool completely.

6. Heat your oven to 180°C. On a tray, roast the pecans for 3 minutes, then add the pepitas and roast for a further 5 minutes, until golden.

7. Heat the maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the roasted pecans and pepitas to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, until sticky and coated. Serve the cheesecake with a generous dollop of cream and the maple pecans and pepitas scattered on top.

I’m almost sure you can use pureed pumpkin from the start, as long as it weighs out the same. Almost. It would make sense. Pepitas are roasted pumpkin seeds. If you can’t get any I’d just stick with the pecans.

Hope y’all like it!

7 Likes

Looks really good! It seems that this week there will be plenty of pumpkin pie around here! :pie: :turkey:

5 Likes

Oh yes! Ive gotta have pumpkin pie on turkey day!

3 Likes

Yeppers! I’ve got another one I want to post before Wednesday for @Rowan. She’s trying to do a diabetic meal for her son so I’ll be posting some healthy recipes.

It’s almost Turkey Day! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Absolutely breath-taking, @Amethyst! :drooling_face: And wow- who would have thought a slow cooker could make a cheesecake! This is a whole new ballgame for me- loving the new knowledge. Thank you so much for sharing, Kasie- never enough pumpkin recipes! :laughing:

And yes! Happy Almost-Turkey Day to all! :turkey::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

So glad you like! I found a few other slow cooker recipes and soups. I’ll probably be posting some later on.

Are you doing anything for the holiday over there? :turkey: Just wondering.

1 Like

Well, Thanksgiving isn’t a holiday here and what with the pandemic, even the expat get-togethers are cancelled this year :cry: But that’s not going to stop me from celebrating Turkey Day! :laughing:

I’m planning to have a small feast for just my partner and I :turkey::yum: The real question is if I can find turkey in any of the usual grocery shops or if I have to venture to a speciality butcher shop :thinking:

Any Thanksgiving plans there, @Amethyst? Have you picked out a few tasty recipes to cook? :blush:

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re not able to get together with your fellow expats this year. I hope you have a great day just for you and your partner! And you can always do something like turkey cutlets for Thanksgiving, with sage and rosemary and thyme, that’s what I used to do for Me and Mom because even a turkey breast was too much for the two of us.

I’m going to be making a pumpkin pie and homemade stuffing. I’m allergic to celery so I use frozen chopped broccoli instead. It’s mostly the stems of broccoli so it’s a good substitution. I also put mushrooms in it, so that makes it extra yummy. I’ll probably bake my pie tomorrow and make the stuffing, that way I only have to pop it in the oven on Thursday. That way I only have to bake it and eat on Thursday. LOL

I hope you’re able to find your Turkey! :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: That’s exactly the plan- I was able to find turkey breast at the store and that should be plenty for our very small feast. I always use sage, but rosemary and time are great ideas too! :+1:

Sounds like you have a wonderful plan with plenty of tasty treats for Thanksgiving! Have fun with the food prep and savor every delicious bite :yum: Sending warm and loving Thanksgiving wishes from Poland! :wave::two_hearts:

1 Like

Sending YOU lots of love from West Virginia! I hope your holiday goes well!

1 Like