Smokeless cleansing spray question

I know for making smokeless sprays, you use essential oils but what if I use the herb instrlead, will it have rhe same effect? I know theres a chance that the sprayer will get clogged but otherwise, what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

16 Likes

@christina4 yes u can use the actual herb. And if u infuse the herb first then it wont clog your sprayer bc u would drain the herb from what u infused it too.

15 Likes

You can definitely use the herbs themselves. I agree with @Mistress_Of_Herbs that it would be a good idea to infuse the water and drain the herbs.
I personally use water saining/cleansing with a mixture of EOs, powdered egg shells, and a crystal chosen for protection and to invoke all of the elements (I tend to spray it while saying “Protect my home, my family, my hearth with power of Water, Air, Fire, and Earth”).

14 Likes

I’ve used both dry and fresh herbs in sprays. I think I actually used one back when my daughter was going to public school for a sort of come home refresh :laughing:

I just put the herbs in a spray bottle with water, shook it up, and used it from there. I re-made it once a week so the herbs wouldn’t get gross but an infusion would make the spray last longer.

13 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!

11 Likes

I don’t see why not. I would take @Mistress_Of_Herbs’s approach to infuse the water with the herbs and then strain then out.

10 Likes

I should think that the herb, made into, herb water {like making rose water}
should work equally as well, just shake well before using.
Garnet

9 Likes

Thank you everyone for your beautiful answers! I’m grateful for each of you!
@Mistress_Of_Herbs @charlotte2 @MeganB @AileyGrey @Amaris_Bane and @Garnet
:heart: :white_heart: :blue_heart: :orange_heart: :black_heart:

10 Likes

You’re welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m sure whatever you make - and however you make it - will turn out just fine :blush:

8 Likes

I used moon water with a quartz and some sage. I strained the sage out. It’s got a nice, dark color to it. I had an amber jar (i reuse everything!) I poured in into.

8 Likes

I tried this yesterday for the first time, the recipe was a bit different. It was a pot of water with the ingredients tossed in to simmer until water was fragrant, and you strained out and poured into a spray bottle. I spritzed it round the house yesterday and it felt pretty good.

9 Likes

That works, too! I used it with moon water as an essence.

5 Likes

Here is the final product:

I put in clear quartz chips, after straining it.

6 Likes

Ta-dah! Looks awesome, @christina4- may your new cleaning spray serve you well! :blush::sparkles:

5 Likes

Thank you so much :heartbeat:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.