Snow Ice Cream ❄

Since it’s the Snow Moon, I’m posting an extra recipe. Make sure your snow is the right color before picking it up! LOL! :snowflake:

Snow Ice Cream

Yield: 4 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup milk, evaporated milk, half-and-half, or cream

½ cup sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

8 to 12 cups of snow

Directions:

Whisk together the milk, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stick it in the refrigerator while you go get the snow. Bring in more snow than you think you’ll need because it often melts more than you expect.

Stir snow into the milk mixture until it reaches the consistency of an extra-thick milkshake. The amount needed depends on the snow: it takes less wet, heavy snow than light, powdery snow.

Enjoy immediately. It’s fine to hand everyone a spoon and eat straight out of the communal bowl.

Tips:

Variation: Replace the milk and sugar with a chilled can of sweetened condensed milk.

Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.

11 Likes

Woooow! :drooling_face: :ice_cream: :snowflake:

6 Likes

Sounds delicious. If only there was some snow. Normally the ground is covered here at this time of year…none so far (yet!)

7 Likes

I don’t have many snow experiences since I grew up down south… but I have had snow cream and there is nothing like it!

5 Likes

Oh how lovely! :smiling_face: :blush:

3 Likes

Interesting recipe, sounds delicious~ :relaxed: :drooling_face:
Also make sure to pick up snow that’s not been trampled with boots unless that’s your thing somehow :laughing: :boot:

So much ice cream to make~ :yum: :ice_cream:

You know what they say, in summer the world is your toaster, and in winter the nature is your fridge… :rofl: :fried_egg:

6 Likes

Seemed fitting for the Snow Moon, doesn’t it? LOL!

I know, we haven’t had hardly any snow this year either. It’s been weird.

I’ve never had it, it looked interesting!

All that pretty snow!

4 Likes

HA! :joy:

Hooray for an extra recipe- what a bonus! I’ve never made ice cream from snow before- sounds like a really fun idea :snowflake: :grinning: :ice_cream: Thank you, @Amethyst! :heart:

Look at all that potential ice cream! :joy:

(Beautiful view- it’s gorgeous there!)

3 Likes

You’re welcome! It seemed like a great recipe for the day, you know?

4 Likes

Absolutely! You’ve got a great eye for these things, Amethyst :wink::heart: Thanks again!

3 Likes