Soooo.. it might be unconventional but

Hey y’all,

I’m just wondering…

Has anyone made swamp water jars before?

I was wondering, do y’all think used motor oil would be a good replacement for such jar? I got my hornets nest but honestly, I’m thinking I much rather touch motor oil than swamp water.

You got me thinking. I did a little research. I found a woman who makes her “swamp water” by going out during or just after a rainstorm and gathering water from a mud puddle. Her take on it is that the water retains energy from the storm itself, the temperature change, and the violence of the water hitting the ground … and best of all, when it hits the ground, it picks up particles and earth and air bubbles … and if you’re lucky, it will be charged by the energy of thunder and/or lightning. This witch collects the water in a glass jar, seals it up, and uses it as one might use a crystal ball or scrying mirror. She looks through the glass and lets her intuition and spirit guide her thoughts so she can visualize an answer to whatever question she poses. (That’s why a not-perfectly-clear crystal ball is easier for most witches to use, as your mind has been trying to make sense of cloud formations, fog, paintings, and sculptures your whole life, so having some bit of backdrop helps you focus on something.)

If your intention is good, I don’t see why you couldn’t use some motor oil in the water, charge it with your intention and either moonlight or sunlight to make industrialized swamp water. Very inventive. You go … if you try it, I would be interested to know how you use it in your practice.

I I’ve never collected thunderstorm water; I’ve only done moon water. How fascinating! I might have to read up on this and perhaps learn how to collect some. What about snow water ?

Huh. I mean, when you think of it, oil is just carbon. Or, you know, dinosaur juice. It comes from the ground. I’m not one for making jars, but if it feels right, go for it!

I have snow water that I keep sealed near my altar. One shelf has items related to sun, one for moon, and one for snow. I tried collecting “dark water” made during eclipses or new moons, but in my mind, that just seemed like weak moon water, although I do like rituals that take place on a new moon when the night is darkest.

I use my moon water for freezing spells, where my intention is to freeze and remove something negative from my life. It is a very gently charged water, so it works well for consecrating your tools and grounding. The hard part is remembering to go out and gather some fresh snow so it is as pure as can be. I gather 3 jars, and once it melts, I pour them all into 1 of the jars.

I’m trying to do grey magick with it lol

Hmm..no. I’ve never made swamp water. I’d love to hear how you use it. I collect storm water and the last time it snowed here, I scooped up enough snow to melt some and to keep some in the freezer for later ☆

This is really resonating with me as I read through it! You mentioned swamp water the other day and it immediately caught my attention—dark water is so fascinating. I’m definitely thinking about incorporating it into my own practice now. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and the great information! :herb::droplet::sparkles::crystal_ball: