Spell for "Beating The Blues" 💙

Mental health is so important. Emotions have been all over the place this year. Im sure we can all agree the 2020 sucks. I thought id share this spell for you all in hopes that it can help you or others :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Materials

• Ammolite

• Votive or Tealight candle, in white

• Ginsing tea bag

• 2 teaspoons of dried basil

• 4 sage leaves

• Small drawstring pouch

Ritual
“Cleanse and empower your ammonite. Set up an altar during any moon phase, placing the ammonite and everything except the ginseng tea bag on the altar’s surface. Light the candle and focus on the flame for about three minutes. Imagine you are extremely happy and contented. While the candle is burning, make a cup of tea with the ginseng tea bag and sip it slowly. When the candle has burned down, collect the basil, sage leaves, and ammonite and pop them in the drawstring pouch. Leave the pouch under your bed. Your mood may lift within a few days, and any worries you have will not seem so important.”

This spell came from the book “The Crystal Witch” by Shawn Robbins & Leanna Greenaway

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing! I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of ammolite. Does the book give any options for substitutions?

1 Like

A lovely and warming combination~ basil, sage, and ginseng! :heart_eyes: In such turbulent times this beautiful spell is much appreciated :two_hearts:. Thank you for sharing your kindness and lovely spell, @Missa! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I had no idea what it was either until I looked it up haha. But I have heard of aragonite! So I found this really interesting :slight_smile:

Ammolite: Meanings, Properties and Powers

Ammolite Properties, Meanings, Powers & Uses

Healing Properties of Ammonite and Ammolite

“Stone of Structure & Stability: There has been much confusion between Ammonite and Ammolite in the metaphysical world, often falling on the side of describing the Ammolite and not the Ammonite. Ammonite is not a gemstone, but rather a fossil. It’s name was inspired by the spiral shaped of the fossilized shells, being that of a tightly coiled ram’s horn. Pliny the Elder (circa 79 AD) referenced this name for the Egyptian God Ammon – who was typically depicted wearing rams horns. It must also not to be confused with a Nautilus, which has a similar shape but an entirely separate make up. Ammonites are an extinct group of marine animals. The words ammonite and ammonoid are both used quite loosely in common parlance to refer to any member of subclass Ammonoidea. However, in stricter usage the term Ammonite is reserved for members of suborder Ammonitina (or sometimes even order Ammonitida). Ammolite on the other hand, is an opalized version of the Ammonite; found primarily along the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains from the US and Canada. These are the fossilized shells of the Ammonite; the opalization is formed by minerals filling in the sedimentary rocks or veins in rocks; it has also been known to replace organic materials in fossils, wood and shells, even bone. The ‘opalilzed’ or iridescent Ammolites are comprised primarily of Aragonite, which is the same mineral that creates a nacreous Pearl. Ammolite was given the official gemstone status in 1981 by the World Jewelry Confederation. This iridescence would not have been visible during the animal’s life, it is simply the coating or replacing of the shell by the opal. In the Middle Ages Ammolite was known as Draconites; due to their bright colors and what was then considered a bizarre appearance, they were thought be ‘stones’ stolen from a dragon’s head. More recently they have been called Snakestones as well as St. Hilda Stones.”

The book didn’t give any substitutes but I would say ammonite, opal, or any root chakra crystals/stones would be good!

4 Likes

This looks great and fairly easy to do. Thanks @Missa!

I’d also like to add if anyone has anxiety that is bad enough or that it is interfering with their life they should seek professional help. Spells can help a lot but sometimes those anxious thoughts are still there. If anyone needs serious help, try this spell and also seek help! :pray:

5 Likes