šŸ“– Spells8 Book Club I (Oct 16 - Nov 6)

When in doubt, go to the library! :smiley: Good idea :+1:

4 Likes

A very smart plan! :grin::+1: Wow, itā€™s wild- I used to spend so much time at the local library, but now with so many books online I forget about that resource! I still use the local library here to study and work in, but Iā€™ve actually never checked out a book :sweat_smile:

I hope your local library carries it so you can try out the book for free! :books:

4 Likes

A warm reminder for anyone participating in the book club- the current reading period will end in One Week !

Enjoy your books and finish as much as you can by next Friday, November 6th :open_book:

Happy reading and blessed be! :open_book:

3 Likes

I hope so. I have to get on their website and figure it out because theyā€™re only open for pick-up so I have to reserve copies onlineā€¦and I have to get a temporary library card because I havenā€™t had the chance to go in and actually get one becauseā€¦COVIDā€¦lol

4 Likes

Oo book club how exciting i often read 4-5 different books at a time and switch when i get bored. So hmm to decide which one to participate in at the moment :thinking: im reading 3 different wicca books at present and off topic im reading some finance books, a marie condo konmari method book as well lol bookworm right :laughing:

2 Likes

A temporary card- wow, @MeganB! Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t tried something digital- an electronic library card or something. I imagine books have been a lifeline for many people in lockdown and that libraries are likely getting a lot of interest! :books:

Hooray for being a bookmark, @Kira-Marie! Ohhh sounds like youā€™ve got a lot of fun books right now :open_book: The Marie Kondo one sounds very interesting- she has some great advice about simplifying and regaining control over your space! :+1:

3 Likes

I had a digital edition, but I needed to get the physical copy. Iā€™ve been underlining and writing all over it. Amazon has it.

4 Likes

There are many exercises in this book to develop your ability to meditate and wield energy to effect change. I havenā€™t decided whether or not to include these in my BOS. Sometimes I just record where to find information. Does anyone else have this issue? By copying the information, I internalize it, yet, I have many sources and think I am repeating the information I already have. For example, I have a collection of herbs. In my BOS, I listed them and notated where I found information about them. I own these other books.
Any advice? I am a beginner and could use some thoughts.
Thank you, friends.

2 Likes

This sounds like a great strategy, @wendy4! :+1: If you already have some information in your BOS, a note in the margin about another source can help you if you want to double check anything in the future. I agree that writing things out does help to internalize them- so for any repeats or slight adjustments, maybe write on a separate piece of paper and either fold it up and attach it to the main page, or consider a ā€œBack-upā€ BOS (or BOS folder) with additional notes and possibly some repeated information.

I know that organizing a BOS can be quite the task! Have you considered using a binder format? It can make shuffling pages and re-organizing to accommodate additional notes easier :open_book::blush:

Good luck and happy learning! :grin:

3 Likes

I have a binder as well. As a teacher, at the beginning of a school year, I charted how to teach concepts. I am drawing an idea map for witchcraft. Idea maps show relationships and give your brain a pattern to understand.

4 Likes

I was very good at this.

3 Likes

That would be great to see! If youā€™re done can you take a photo of it for us? :innocent:

4 Likes

iā€™ve decided im going to do my book club on wicca: a guide for the solitary practioner. as i already started reading it but havent finished it so that will be a good nudge to wrap it up. thank you for the challenge guys. so just how do we go about reviewing it? is their a particular format we need to use?

4 Likes

An idea map for witchcraft sounds amazing, @wendy4- with your teacher talents coming to life to make something wonderful! :two_hearts: I would also love to see it if you feel comfortable sharing :blush:

Fantastic, @Kira-marie! :grin: The reading period officially ends on Friday- but no worries if you donā€™t quite finish in time! On Friday a discussion post will open up encouraging thoughts and opinions about your book(s). There will be a review format that is suggested, but everyone is very welcome to write as much or as little as theyā€™d like.

Iā€™ve added you to the reading list- good luck and enjoy your book! :open_book::star_struck:

3 Likes

Loved that book :heart: enjoyyyyyy!

2 Likes

:grey_exclamation: This reading period is now CLOSED :grey_exclamation:

Well done to all witchy readers! :clap: Whether you have finished your book or not, feel free to head on over to:

:memo: Spells8 Book Club I - Readersā€™ Review

The new discussion thread is a place to share your thoughts, get some new recommendations, and swap discoveries you found in your book! :open_book:

3 Likes

@BryWisteria I want to join but I may not participate too much until winter sets inā€¦ I have a LOT on my plate right now and find I am falling asleep just trying to finish my bedtime read. I would love to read everyoneā€™s thoughts on the booksā€¦ it might help me prioritize my book list. Thanks

5 Likes

No worries at all, @Berta! :grin: Reading periods last for 3 weeks with a 1 week review period between sessions- you are very welcome jump in at any point, whenever you have the time! :raised_hands:

As for book reviews- I think you may have already found them, but for anyone else looking to enjoy some book reviews there are some located in:

As book club continues, all review posts that are part of the club will be listed in the Book Club FAQ post to make them easier to find! :+1:

Happy reading, reviewing, and blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

This reading session is closed. Please share any new posts in the current Book Club reading session.