📚 Spells8 Book Club! - Introduction and FAQ

So happy you think so, @sandra1! :grin:

Good for you for trying, @Amethyst! And hey- if you got to switch out even just one required book for something fun, then I think it was totally worth it! :laughing:

Not a stupid question at all, @Jeannie1! Your book does not have to be about Wicca- or even directly about any magickal topics. If there is a book that will help to teach or inspire you and your unique practice in some way, then you can absolutely read that book as part of Book Club :books::blush:

Everyone has different beliefs and follows different paths- just like you can choose your own way with magick, so too you can pursue your own book topics :+1: But if someone posts about a book that catches your interest- feel free to read the same book and discuss with them!

6 Likes

I was given Hound of the Baskervilles to read in school. But I think that ruined it for me. I should give it a second read now!

5 Likes

In my opinion, forcing a kid to read something just makes them hate it all the more. Yes, you should give it another try. It’s a fun book. Heck, it’s been a while since I read it. Maybe I should read it again too!

5 Likes

I love reading and am so pleased for this! Thank you my lovelies

5 Likes

I have been such a slacker with the reading. I was doing really good & then I don’t know what happened. I need to go through my books or find something that sparks my interest & get back to it. I’ll be watching for the next book club reading to start. I’ll start going through my books this week.

5 Likes

You are very welcome to join, @AliceInWonderdab! :blush: The current session ends on Friday, Feb 19th- but after a one week period where everyone is encouraged to share their book feedback, the next session will begin! Do you have a book in mind you’d like to read? :open_book: :star_struck:

No worries at all, @Susurrus- I also go through phases with reading. Sometimes I fly through several books a month, and then other months it’s a struggle to make it through a few chapters! :sweat_smile: You are very welcome to jump in on the end of the session or wait until the next reading period opens up (next Friday!) :books: :two_hearts:

6 Likes

I’m reading a Cannabis and Witchcraft book currently but I’d read anything. I read a lot

7 Likes

Wow- it sounds like an interesting read! :star_struck: Good for you, reading is such a wonderful habit to get into :blush:. I admit the past few years I haven’t been reading nearly as much as I used to, but Book Club has been helping me get back into the books I love! :open_book:

Happy reading! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

I admittedly read a lot of fiction, like British chick lit type with sparkles and pink covers

4 Likes

Read what makes you happy! :grin: A sparkly pink book does sound like something that would spark joy- I can imagine it’s a fun story! :open_book: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Hello @BryWisteria, do you have to sign up for this or can anyone join? I think I have read more books this year than I have in a while, I forgot how much I enjoyed it, now just need to make the time to keep doing it. I think this could be the nudge I need.

4 Likes

Brianna takes the weekends off from social media so I hope it’s okay I am answering this for her.

Here is the link to 📝 Spells8 Book Club IV - Readers' Reviews! Even if you didn’t sign up for Book Club IV, you can still join in. Here is the helpful advice she provided.

The current reviews are for books read January 22 - February 19. I can’t wait to see what you read and what you thought about it. (Make sure you share the review at the link shared in this comment. :wink: ) Blessings to you!

6 Likes

Thank you @praecog29, I saw where a new one starts on February 22 so I look forward to participating. Blessed be.

5 Likes

Just in case, we have until March 26th to review any book read during that Jan 22 - Feb 19 reading period. I don’t know how clear I was and even if you followed what I was saying others may not have. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello @Saulamay! :blush:

How exciting- you are very welcome in Book Club! :heart: :books:

A huge thanks to the wonderful @praecog29 for jumping in and answering the question- he summed up everything perfectly! :grin::+1:

It is absolutely okay if you’d like to join the Review Session now or hold off to the next Reading Session (beginning this Friday, Feb 26th). Either way, I’m looking forward to reading with you and hearing your thoughts on books! :open_book: :star_struck:

Blessed be!

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am new to to this forum. I want to join the book club.

Please let me know how can I join it?

Anu

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Princess_Tara :heart:

I wrote a bit more in your lovely introduction post, but yes- you are very welcome to join book club! The current session (May 14 - June 11) will be ending tomorrow, but after a one-week review period, the next session of Book Club will launch :open_book: :blush:

Please keep an eye on the forum for the upcoming Book Review post, and the next Book Session post that will begin next Friday, June 18th!

Blessed be and happy reading! :books:

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your warm welcome and kind guidance about book club.

Looking forward to join the next book club on June 18. So, excited to jump in.

Anu

5 Likes

You are very welcome, Anu! I’m looking forward to reading with you during the next session of book club :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :books:

Love, Light, and Happy Reading! :open_book: :sparkles:

4 Likes

I’m kinda new. And trying to navigate a bit. Is this book club still going on?

7 Likes